SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2014, 06:09 PM
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
508 Posts
I can concur that the Pyro fuse is tough to get right. I used 1105Neu and a 1300/65C thunederpower as far back as it would possibly go and still had to add tail weight.

It did fly amazing and was a terrific model though.

Sorry for the off topic
Edhs is offline Find More Posts by Edhs
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2014, 05:18 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehelibuff View Post
The Jolt 2 is tight too once you get everything in there. Comes out very tail heavy, so you need to put everything forward and add lead. .....
You have a 5s 2700 pack AND a nimh rx pack in it and you say the fuselage is tight?!?!

If only there was a build thread where somebody built one a couple years ago and posted about how you need a split pack to easily get the CG forward enough even with a heavy motor. Oh wait, that's this thread!
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
Old Oct 02, 2014, 05:22 PM
ehelibuff
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2014
113 Posts
I didn't get a split pack. Just 1 brick.
ehelibuff is offline Find More Posts by ehelibuff
Old Oct 02, 2014, 07:51 PM
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
508 Posts
Glad you did your homework lol
Edhs is offline Find More Posts by Edhs
Old Oct 02, 2014, 08:00 PM
ehelibuff
Joined Aug 2014
113 Posts
The new battery is a lot smaller than before. If it wasn't for my oversized ESC, I could slide the battery forward. It's a 150A with a big heat sink with cooling fins. Bulky, but it doesn't get hot. I'm going to test some new props this Saturday.
Old Oct 05, 2014, 12:34 PM
ehelibuff
Joined Aug 2014
113 Posts
Jolt 2

Well, I had a mishap on Saturday. I was testing the plane with an APC 5x5 prop. Around the 50 second mark, I was about to shut the motor off, when the motor shut itself off... I thought maybe the spinner flew off the motor perhaps? So I cut off power and set up my landing. I had to land on the opposite end of the field, so upon landing, my stab found a gopher mound and busted the stab a bit as you can see in the picts. I'll need to order a new stab. The running gear was very hot this time, unlike before with the GM 5x5 set up. I smelled a burnt smell inside. So, I think the ESC popped. Hopefully the motor is ok. Being a 150A esc, I thought would be fine. I find it surprising that the APC pulled that much more on everything?? Do I need a 200A? I even had the BEC disabled with the pos lead removed, which should bump me up even more from what I understand. Bad luck for me.... I hope I just need a new ESC and stab. I'll send in the motor to Steve Neu to check it out. Hate to think the motor toasted in 3 runs on a proper set up. Bummer weekend for me......
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM
ehelibuff
Joined Aug 2014
113 Posts
I have a new stab, new CC Edge 130A ESC, new DNA 150A ESC and my motor back from Neutronics. The bearings were bad. Soon as I get my cast off, I can put the Jolt back together. A rookie's plane got away from him, and his plane hit me in the arm, chopping my arm and hand up and fracturing my wrist. Right now I actually wish I had a prosthetic arm and hand for my other amputee arm. Oh well; things happen.
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
ehelibuff
Joined Aug 2014
113 Posts
spinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsteve View Post
If you didn't do damage to blades you can do this....
Where did you get this spinner? Did you do this?