SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2013, 09:27 PM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy View Post
Ok, new thread rule. No one is allowed to post videos used the Benny Hill Them any longer. That tune has been stuck in my head all day! LOL
I share your pain...
pherz is offline Find More Posts by pherz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2013, 01:25 PM
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
The wind today was blowing 16 mph and gusting to 25, per the weather.com But, I tried the plane today anyway. I had the larger prop, 6x3 gws, but it was too windy. As it got blown away from me, I could no longer see the orientation. When I got close to the ground I just cut the power and had no damage. The good news is, I did not overheat the motor or the rx brick.
I will try again before I leave on Thursday, if I can.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
Flying in Westport CT

Flying my regular size Millenium Stik at Sherwood Island, in October.
The runway is newly repaved and it is just being painted.
Here is the link of the 7 minute video.
My Stik at Sherwood in October (6 min 45 sec)

I hope you enjoy it.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 09:48 PM
United States, CT, Norwalk
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Love the video,

The field looks great from the air, especially the runway with it's new paint job!
JM49781 is offline Find More Posts by JM49781
Old Nov 01, 2013, 12:16 AM
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
UMX Beast w Micro SSX Arf

I finally got a day that was not too windy. So, yesterday I shot the attached video of my Micro SSX stik, flying with the guts from a UMX AS3X Beast.
SSX Micro With Beast guts at Waveny (3 min 39 sec)
Old Nov 10, 2013, 09:40 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pherz View Post
Flying my regular size Millenium Stik at Sherwood Island, in October.
The runway is newly repaved and it is just being painted.
Here is the link of the 7 minute video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIdDYPY8I68

I hope you enjoy it.
Like the you tube. What camera did you use and how did you mount it?
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Nov 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
HD camera on Millenium Stik

I ount the camera under the carbon fiber stick with a few rubberbands to hold in in place. The camera is Hobby Kings HD Wing Camera II - Full HD 1920x1080P 30FPS. I am shooting at 1280*720P to get 60fps . At 60fps the spinning prop does not become annoying.

The video is really at a higher definition than it looks like. But, I edit out the corners of the videos, by zooming in on the video, because, I have 2 dead spots there.

What happened was that my camera fell into Long Island Sound and I rescued it. I cleaned it up and replaced the battery, but, there now exists 2 dead spots on my images.

I have another video that looks even better, shot at the full HD resolution. I will cut it shorter, leave it at hi-res, and post it in a few days.
Old Dec 04, 2013, 09:08 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Sep 2013
112 Posts
James, do you sell rib separately? As you can tell from the attached picture, This flight did not go well. A power pole jumped out in front of the LE, and this is the result.
KenBugg is offline Find More Posts by KenBugg
Old Dec 05, 2013, 10:44 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBugg View Post
James, do you sell rib separately? As you can tell from the attached picture, This flight did not go well. A power pole jumped out in front of the LE, and this is the result.
God I hate those random jumping telephone poles. They must not have put enough concrete to hold it in place. Hey you know that is not covered under warranty!

Just e-mail me a list of parts you need, I am sure I have some extra parts laying around.

James
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2013, 10:47 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBugg View Post
By the way, nice work on the plane, nice covering job.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2013, 11:04 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Ssx arf

Santa's elves have been busy these last few months. I have build 12 of the SSX to sell. They are now ready to ship. All of them were built by me and covered by my friend Mo. Some of you who are familiar with Mo's work know that these planes will be top quality. We used Oralite covering which is marketed here in the US as Ultracote LIte and Ultracote Parklite. The price is $199.95 plus shipping. Shipping is estimated to be less than $30.00. I am giving my RCG customers first dibs on these. Get them while you can 3 are already sold. I am putting these on the web site this weekend. All shipments must be insured. If the plane is damaged in shipping, I may not have replacements but at least you will get your money back. I am making special shipping containers to hopefully avoid shipping damage.

You will get the entire air frame, no electronics.

If you want one, please e-mail me to reserve one of the 9 I have left.

These are only a few of the color schemes we have. I will let you know what is left when you contact me.

James
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jkarpy; Dec 19, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 03:19 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
SSX ARF price drop

I lowered the price on the ARF to $219.95

Get them while you can.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2013, 09:14 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Suggested Motor/Prop/Esc & Battery For New Slow Stick X Flyer?

Looking for something to quietly fly at a local soccer field I stumbled upon the Slow Stick X & saw it was exactly what I was looking for, so placed an order for a kit today.
Would appreciate it if someone could save me wading through 161 or so Forum post pages by suggesting a few motor/prop/Esc & battery combos that will get me started.
Main use will be relaxing slow flight at dusk so don't need something that would take it vertical.

Thank you
G2
Gemini2 is offline Find More Posts by Gemini2
Old Dec 19, 2013, 07:43 AM
Joined Feb 2009
261 Posts
i started off with the set up millennium sells on his site think it's a supo motor and esc and worked fine
SWAMPER is offline Find More Posts by SWAMPER
Old Dec 19, 2013, 09:35 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2 View Post
Looking for something to quietly fly at a local soccer field I stumbled upon the Slow Stick X & saw it was exactly what I was looking for, so placed an order for a kit today.
Would appreciate it if someone could save me wading through 161 or so Forum post pages by suggesting a few motor/prop/Esc & battery combos that will get me started.
Main use will be relaxing slow flight at dusk so don't need something that would take it vertical.

Thank you
G2
For Prop, use from 9" up to 12".
A good slow combo would be a out runner 400 with a 10 4-7 prop and a 18 amp ESC. The 2212-13 I sell would work in that combo. I use several batteries with this combo from 1100 to a 2200 3 cell lipo.

For more power, go with a 480 out runner with a 35 amp ESC and a 11 3-8 prop. Use a 2200 3 cell lipo.

James
RCG Plus Member