HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM
United Kingdom, England, Stafford
Joined Oct 2013
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
Is there such a thing as "indoor" mode? For example, There will be occasions where I fly in a gym and I would hat for the copter to fly through the roof as it tries to RTH should something happen.

I wouldn't be in loiter mode, just 2d or 2d plus hold. What happens in a failsafe and there is no gps lock.

My fear is that in a gym I could get a gps lock and have a failsafe condition trigger a RTH. I would hate for the copter to take off into the rafters.

I suppose I could just set the failsafe to be land on these occasions.
Failsafe will only trigger with a loss of RX signal, or if you've got a switch assigned to RTH test. I regularly fly in my house for 10-15 minutes at a time with no problems at all. Sometimes it gets a GPS lock and sometimes it doesn't.

Of course, if your RX was to fail and it has a GPS lock, it would go into failsafe and try to escape through the nearest ceiling You could make a shield which fits over the GPS module to stop it getting a GPS lock or (as you've said) simply make it land on failsafe.
Vortecks is offline Find More Posts by Vortecks
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Stafford
Joined Oct 2013
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshen View Post
On Vector Return To Home failsafe, if I have it set to a mode switch and I lose radio signal it goes into RTH mode. However what happens if it regains signal? Does it come out of RTH since it now sees the mode switch signal to what it was before failsafe happened? Just wondering since if it was in rate mode before RTH failsafe, then regains signal it will be in rate mode again and that can cause a quick crash..
Unless I'm mistaken, when it goes into failsafe, a message appears saying "move sticks to cancel RTH".
If it regains signal, nothing will happen unless you move your sticks.
Vortecks is offline Find More Posts by Vortecks
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM
Joined Dec 2006
846 Posts
I am using a Frsky Rx that uses an S.Bus hookup. If I am understanding this correctly, I need to hook up the RX to a BEC or run a wire from the PSU harness to the RX right? No power is passed through the Vector from the PSU to the Servo/Rx pins correct?

Also, my Rx outputs a RSSI feed which, if it is the same as all the other FrSky Rx's is PWM. Where does this get hooked up on the Vector. I am using a FrSky TFR8SB.
Mera'din is online now Find More Posts by Mera'din
Last edited by Mera'din; Yesterday at 02:43 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM
Australia, NSW, Castle Hill
Joined Mar 2013
282 Posts
Just curious if any of you have flown or still fly the MyFlyDream FC and how you would compare the Vector to that FC?

Thank you

Chris
v2rocketeer is online now Find More Posts by v2rocketeer
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
Joined Jun 2013
271 Posts
Today when i plugged in the battery (as usual) into the Vectors psu some spark and smoke came from the unit, I unplugged it and waited a while and plugged it in again, This time it behaved as usual but it thinks its flying or something because its counting the MAH used and i cant enter the menu, because its flying it says... This happened for anyone else?
Agalloch is offline Find More Posts by Agalloch
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,471 Posts
Anyone have the" free fall detected " while climbing rapidly?I went up 200 feet in a few seconds on my quad and that's what it blinked!
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Yesterday at 07:03 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
United States, CA, Woodside
Joined Mar 2013
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck View Post
Hi guys is there a how to for fixed wings? Mine is incontrolable with the Vector, I know the problem is a bad setup but is there a how to or todo list to make this?
Thanks
Arck, as Thrashie said come on over to the fixed wing side, and post a picture of your fixed wing so we can see how your Vector is mounted.

We will get you sorted out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2196588
Willyspu is offline Find More Posts by Willyspu
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM
Not my first rodeo!
Joined Aug 2014
57 Posts
Having an issues I know others have struggled with. Running a Futaba 14SG and Futaba R7008SB receiver. I can't get through the Rx Wizard, does not see the Rx.

I see allot of post on the subject, I don't see posts with the resolution. I have updated the firmware. What am I missing.

Eagle Tree's website is down at the moment. Anyone else having problems there?

Appreciate the input.

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,

Savannah
_Savannah_ is offline Find More Posts by _Savannah_
Last edited by _Savannah_; Today at 12:44 AM.
Old Today, 01:13 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,093 Posts
Have you tried not using S-BUS output, and just using the regular servo outputs from the Rx
to the Vector?
Have you plugged a servo into each channel in turn, and moving the appropriate control to make sure
that the Rx is actually outputting each control to the channel you think it is?
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:19 AM
Not my first rodeo!
Joined Aug 2014
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Have you tried not using S-BUS output, and just using the regular servo outputs from the Rx
to the Vector?
Have you plugged a servo into each channel in turn, and moving the appropriate control to make sure
that the Rx is actually outputting each control to the channel you think it is?
Figured it out. New to sbus, and did not realize that Futaba ships that Rx in Mode A. Switched to Mode B and the Vector sees my Rx/Tx and got through the wizard fine.

Not in the air yet however. Vector only sees my three position mode swith in the two farthest positions, does not recognize it in the center.

Also, I can arm the multirotor but after that MR will not show throttle input? I have tried several suggestions from other threads but the MR simply won't start the motor when I give throttle. I have a feeling it is something to do with throttle trim and fail-safe, but have not been able to resolve it.
Last edited by _Savannah_; Today at 04:23 AM.
Old Today, 07:01 AM
I'd FPV it.
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,924 Posts
Did you reverse the throttle channel in your futaba radio? I forgot to do that with my 9c and the vector did not like it.
Ho-Jazz is online now Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Today, 07:25 AM
Not my first rodeo!
Joined Aug 2014
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
Did you reverse the throttle channel in your futaba radio? I forgot to do that with my 9c and the vector did not like it.
Throttle channel is reversed. I did that before I calibrated my ESC. I re-calibrated, just to make absolutely sure. I reversed the throttle channel when I calibrated my Maytech ESC's. I am out of ideas for tonight. I hit it hard on rc groups and google all night and can't come up with a solution. Ugh!
Old Today, 10:14 AM
The Sum of all Evils
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Apr 2014
107 Posts
did you re-run the RX wizard after making changes to your radio?
Thrashie is online now Find More Posts by Thrashie
Old Today, 11:23 AM
Zero Cash Money
United States, CA, NORTHRIDGE
Joined Nov 2013
1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Savannah_ View Post
Figured it out. New to sbus, and did not realize that Futaba ships that Rx in Mode A. Switched to Mode B and the Vector sees my Rx/Tx and got through the wizard fine.

Not in the air yet however. Vector only sees my three position mode swith in the two farthest positions, does not recognize it in the center.

Also, I can arm the multirotor but after that MR will not show throttle input? I have tried several suggestions from other threads but the MR simply won't start the motor when I give throttle. I have a feeling it is something to do with throttle trim and fail-safe, but have not been able to resolve it.
I take it you disconnected the USB from it before doing this? in your video display what does it say after you arm? if it is arming it is seeing the correct throttle since it uses throttle and yaw stick position. Check the end points of your 3 position switch... in the rc tab in Vector, as you move sticks and switches are all the sliders moving in the direction that you are doing on the Futaba?
D Dale is online now Find More Posts by D Dale
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:23 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,093 Posts
Keep in mind you need to confirm the aircraft type in the OSD
on first usage after configuration. If you don't, it wont' run the motors (or anything else).
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member