HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2014, 05:40 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,781 Posts
On mine you do, but mine is held on with pins and magnets.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2014, 02:21 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Apr 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Yes! I am sorry that I took this way off your build. You did a hell of a build! I won't come anywhere close on mine. In fact I am keeping mine white this year and only using a two blade head. Too cheap this year for the five bladed.

This is how pathetic mine is at this second. I took this pic two seconds ago. In my cold basement no less.
It really helps to have a comfortable place to do your hobby in.
I find it so much more productive working in a well lit, climatised room where all your tools and accessories are handy. When I started, my workbench was my kitchen counter and I had a couple of drawers for my tools. I had to hide everything when I had company over no it wasn't very productive.
Now, I can set up and work on it when I want and not have to worry about finding things or having to hide all the stuff mid-project. Worst case, I close the door.
algroove2000 is offline Find More Posts by algroove2000
Old Nov 10, 2014, 02:24 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Apr 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yepe View Post
how do you install battery? Do you need to remove the front canopy every time you change batts
Yes I remove the canopy to install the batteries. It is very quick and simple to remove and re-attach the canopy whit the latch system I've installed. Once the batteries are in place and the nose piece attached, I can connect and turn on the system through the windows which will eventually have tinted lexan on hinges and magnets.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 02:27 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Apr 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
On mine you do, but mine is held on with pins and magnets.
The pins are great to line up everything. I would just be careful with the magnets, as I used to have a canopy that was held on by magnets only on a Bell-222, and the top portion came off in flight and got destroyed by the blades.
This is why on both my re-built 222 and this new MD500 I've opted for a mechanical closure that will ensure nothing comes loose mid air.