Old Mar 30, 2016, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by toytien
Joined Mar 2016
2 Posts
New Product
Are you Looking for the best indoor RC helicopter ?

Well, we’ll look at what makes a great indoor RC helicopter. Flying RC helicopters indoors is a pastime that can provide hours of fun. Of course, for the newbie, the choices of brands and types and prices can also be a bit bewildering. So, I hope this article helps you to get your bearings so that you can find one that’s “best” for you.

There are five main things to consider when we choose an indoor helicopter: size, controller channels, rotor type, gyros, and value. So, we’ll take a quick look at each of these factors.

Helicopter Size
Generally, when people say indoor RC helicopter, they mean the micro RC helicopters. These helicopters fit in the palm of your hand. Their small size makes them easy to maneuver even in a home or office.

Think about it a minute. How fun can it be to fly a 2 foot helicopter around in, say, a 20′ x 20′ room (a kind of biggish room, really). There just isn’t much you can do when the length of the room is only 10 times the length of the helicopter.

If your helicopter is 6 inches long, then that same 20′ x 20′ room is 40 times as long as the helicopter. Now, you’ve got time to build up a little speed and room to move around in. It’s a lot more fun.

Of course, if you have access to a giant warehouse, a gym, or some other really large indoor facility, then you can have fun indoors with an 18 inch or 24 inch helicopter. But most people don’t have access to such facilities.

Controller Channels
Here the word “channels” refers to the number of ways you can control the helicopter. Indoor RC helicopters can have either two, three, or four channels. I will describe these channels below.

Two Channels
With two channels, you can move the helicopter two ways. You can move it up/down, and you can spin it left/right. Two channel helicopters always move forward. You cannot make them hover or move backwards. My first indoor RC helicopter had two channels. It was fun. But it was disappointing at the same time because it couldn’t hover or fly backwards.

Three Channels
Three channels lets you move the helicopter three ways. You can move it up/down, move it forward/backward, and spin it left/right. A three channel helicopter can hover and fly backwards. Three channel helicopters are a lot of fun. They are also probably the most common type.

Four Channels
With four channels, you can move the helicopter four ways. You can move it up/down, move it forward/backward, spin it left/right, and strafe it left/right. Strafe just means to move sideways without turning. Four channel helicopters have a more realistic and responsive feel than two and three channel helicopters. But they also have a somewhat steeper learning curve. Four channel helicopters tend to be more expensive than two and three channel helicopters.

===> Get it <====

As far as channels are concerned, the best indoor RC helicopter is probably going to be a three or four channel helicopters. Two channel helicopters leave a lot to be desired. And, in my opinion, due to the constant forward motion, two channel helis are more difficult for beginners.

Rotor Type
Indoor RC helicopters and have three basic rotor types: (1) single rotor, (2) coaxial rotors, and (3) tandem rotors. Single rotor helis are also commonly referred to as “fixed pitch” helicopters. I discuss each type below.

Single Rotor (aka, Fixed Pitch)
Single rotor means that there is only one main rotor on the helicopter.

Fixed pitch just means that the angle of the blades does not change. In other words, the rotor is nothing more than a regular propeller. Really, all indoor RC helicopters have fixed pitch blades. However, for some reason, only single rotor RC helicopters are usually called fixed pitch helicopters.

Single rotor helicopters usually have a vertical rear rotor. The rear rotor serves two purposes. First of all, it turns the helicopter left or right. It also counters the torque of the main rotor.

Well, I have really enjoyed talking about RC helis, and I hope my little article helps you pick the best indoor RC helicopter for you.

toytien is offline Find More Posts by toytien
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2016, 06:08 PM
Find More Posts by norcalheli
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
2,060 Posts
Seriously????
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old May 11, 2016, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by elan
VT
Joined Feb 2006
3,412 Posts
It fly with much joy...
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old May 13, 2016, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Fan of just about anything RC
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
23,101 Posts
Amazon affiliate "tutorial"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytien View Post
Single Rotor (aka, Fixed Pitch)
Single rotor means that there is only one main rotor on the helicopter.

Fixed pitch just means that the angle of the blades does not change. In other words, the rotor is nothing more than a regular propeller. Really, all indoor RC helicopters have fixed pitch blades. However, for some reason, only single rotor RC helicopters are usually called fixed pitch helicopters.

There are also single rotor CP (Collective Pitch) helicopters, and these are small enough to use indoor too.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2016, 05:09 PM
Find More Posts by rotorist
Registered Mike Visitor
Joined Aug 2014
613 Posts
Looks like a a damn infomercial for a reseller.

Is this type of thing allowed here?

rotorist.
rotorist is offline Find More Posts by rotorist