HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2001, 09:56 AM
BH
United States, TX, Lago Vista
Joined Mar 2001
61 Posts
LiteStick/Hitec 555 Problem?

LS had 555 rx, HS-55 servos,GWS G-100 speed control and 6 cell 350MaH NiCad pack. Flew fine a number of times until one day the elevator servo(channel 1) just quit working. Switched servo leads to rx to confirm bad servo and replaced. Flew 2 more times with *7* cell 350 pack and elevator stopped responding just like before.But when I switched leads this time I found that both servos were fine, it was channel 1 on the rx that was bad. So I replaced the 555 with identical rx, hooked up everything this morning and it behaves EXACTLY like the setup WAS performing...no signal from channel 1 on the NEW rx.Again switched servo leads to confirm. The new rx DOES have the crystal from the original rx, but doesn't seem that that could be the problem. So I guess I am left suspecting the G-100 speed control. Did I damage, but not kill it when I went to the 7 cell 350 pack? If so, what was problem before when I was using the 6 cell pack of 350s or was THAT too much? Can't confirm right now as I am currently down to that single control, but want to hear some feedback you all. Controller? Ghost in the machine? Help!

Bill
BH is offline Find More Posts by BH
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2001, 10:47 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
I would also suspect your speed control, that may be your culprit. I played it safe on my Litestick, I just bought the Pico Pack since I was certain I probably would not have any compatibility issues. The Hitec 555 is a nice receiver & should not be the problem, I'm using the GWS R4-P & have had good service from it. How do you get this to fly using 350 Mah packs? I tried using some 6-cell 300 mah packs last night & they seemed too heavy, the Litestick just craled around 10 Ft off the ground.
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Aug 04, 2001, 11:03 AM
BH
Joined Mar 2001
61 Posts
It was really too windy when I flew it with the 7 350s, but power appeared to no longer be a problem.....
Old Aug 04, 2001, 12:22 PM
El Centro, CA
Joined Jun 2001
86 Posts
What exactly does the ESC have to do with Chan 1 on the receiver?
Excuse my ignorance but I just don't see the connection.
When you plug in just the servos with an rx pack, do they function?
Do you have a another radio to plug this stuff into and check it out?
papichulo is offline Find More Posts by papichulo
Old Aug 04, 2001, 12:45 PM
BH
Joined Mar 2001
61 Posts
Papichulo, you were right on! When I doublechecked my transmitter, I found that one servo reverse switch on the back had inadvertantly been moved to dead center, effectively killing the channel. Working fine now. Thanks for input, guys! Hmmmm have an extra 555 rx now....better find something to put it in.....
Old Aug 05, 2001, 02:35 AM
El Centro, CA
Joined Jun 2001
86 Posts
I know exactly what you should put that 555 rx in; a little box and send it to papichulo at 3475 Elm St... just kidding!
Seriously, I'm glad you found the problem, stuff like that can be so frustrating.
papichulo is offline Find More Posts by papichulo