HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:12 AM
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
Question
AR600 reciever

Hi all,

Ive just joined the forum and I am having a few issues with my receiver.

when ever i plug in my esc into the receiver into the throttle port I'm getting a solid orange and a solid red light, this solidness occurred after the crash. The tx and rx was binded before flying and it was fine, can I get some advice on why its not binding with my DX6i and why the solidness just stays on the receiver..

thanks
lazkopat is offline Find More Posts by lazkopat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:28 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,437 Posts
Have you tried to re-bind the receiver, just start over? If you have and it's not working you may have damaged it.
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:48 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,051 Posts
Are you plugging it in with correct polarity? Black or dark wire = negative. Look for +/- markings on the rx.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jun 17, 2014, 06:03 AM
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600Bob View Post
Have you tried to re-bind the receiver, just start over? If you have and it's not working you may have damaged it.
re binding dosent work due to the receiver having red and orange solid light when powered up
Old Jun 17, 2014, 06:05 AM
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Are you plugging it in with correct polarity? Black or dark wire = negative. Look for +/- markings on the rx.
I think the polarity is correct because when you reverse the connections you do not get no power or Led lights on. Im getting this fuzzing sound from the esc and I dont know if its malfunctioned or not
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
Canada, QC, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts
Joined Nov 2013
59 Posts
I started with a AR600

Two years ago, I started in this hobby with an Apprentice 15E and it was equipped with one of those AR600.

I had all kind of problems and the AR600 was the cause of many crashes because of signal loss and well within range. At a point, I choose to take a chance and tried an HK orange rx. Wow no more problems because of the RX.
I contacted Horizon with not great success. So I took a big hammer and smashed the RX. I enjoyed it so much! The RX took all my frustration.
denisf is offline Find More Posts by denisf
Old Jun 17, 2014, 01:13 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazkopat View Post
re binding dosent work due to the receiver having red and orange solid light when powered up
So when you put in the bind plug, then plug in the power, the LED doesn't blink? Then it sounds like it is toast.
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Jun 17, 2014, 01:32 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,051 Posts
If this rx was fine before, I think I agree with 600bob. The red light is next to a letter H? Is supposed to flash the number of holds the rx had. First I would try with no servos plugged in, in case a servo was damaged in the crash and causing strange things, then I'd try a different source of power to the rx. Either a known good esc or a rx battery pack, to rule out the esc.

If it still won't cooperate, send it to Spektrum for testing. Their customer service is 2nd to none. You may pay nothing more than shipping.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:05 PM
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
Yeah the red light is next to the letter H, it doesn't flash or give no of holds, just a solid red light. I tried the RX with no servos plugged in and just the ESC connected to it, I still get solid lights and no binding. Maybe my ESC is toast? I've ordered new esc and hobbyking rx . going to try that new ESC on the RX to see I'd it makes a difference.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:07 PM
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
If this rx was fine before, I think I agree with 600bob. The red light is next to a letter H? Is supposed to flash the number of holds the rx had. First I would try with no servos plugged in, in case a servo was damaged in the crash and causing strange things, then I'd try a different source of power to the rx. Either a known good esc or a rx battery pack, to rule out the esc.

If it still won't cooperate, send it to Spektrum for testing. Their customer service is 2nd to none. You may pay nothing more than shipping.
Yh I've never thought of directly plugging a power source in the spectrum receiver xmech, good one I'll try that out and if it works then my escis the culptrit!!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 05:05 PM
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
Well Ive plugged my 6v hump pack which I had in my buggy, slotted it in the trottle port and this time I get a red led, no flashing, tried rebinding but no luck, i think the reciever is toasted after having a major impact