Old Feb 24, 2014, 07:41 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,307 Posts
Discussion
sWARm - October 25th, 2014 at Eagle Mountain

Next sWARm is October 25th at 10:00 at Eagle Mountain football practice field. Get the word out.

The Eagle mountain flying area actually has three different locations that possibly could be used. Last time the sprinklers were on on the practice field so we went to the soccer fields that are straight east. the school also has a huge field on the north side of the school that has been used in the past. Be aware that they are planning on us but if there is any problem with one field we may move to another. All of the fields are within sight of each other.

http://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.32...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

We update the date and location for the next sWARm in the first post of the same thread so that everyone who subscribes can see the date and time of the next sWARm.

If there is bad weather and we need to reschedule we will post at the end of this thread.

Thanks.. Lee

Here are the videos from some of our sWARms

The Pylon Race That Wouldn't End #2 (4 min 22 sec)

2 sWARm 5 2014 (5 min 1 sec)

sWARm Sept 2013 (7 min 55 sec)

58 Planes in Combat HD (5 min 49 sec)

Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Oct 12, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2014, 08:18 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,871 Posts
I'm in.

EDIT:

Okay, Here's the deal on food. I will provide Little Caesar's Pizza and drinks. The price will be $5 as has been in the past. I will have a sign up at my pop-up where I sell the F-22's. Please pay as you order. I won't be handing out tickets or anything, so we're using the honor system.

I hesitate to say you can have all you can eat, but with in reason, there should be plenty for everyone who orders pizza to have all you would like.....let me explain.

In the past, I have ordered enough for each person to have about 1/2 of a pizza. I don't want to say it's all you can eat, because we all know that "one family" with 13 kids that will come and order one lunch and feed everybody. That can't happen.

I have found some people can eat more than 1/2 of a pizza themselves, and some people eat less. It has balanced out. I think I usually end up with about one pizza left over at the end of the day. (out of the 15-20+ ordered)

I know you can go to Little Caesar's and get the pizza yourself for $5, but keep in mind, I am also providing drinks, ice, plates, napkins and that sort of thing. In the past, I have ordered Cheese, Pepperoni, and Sausage. Just for information, Sausage costs me more than $5.

I have gotten the impression from some people that they think I am running a money racketing business and coming off like a bandit. I have found it all balances out, and after paying for all the supplies, I think I may have ended up with an extra $10-15 or so for my troubles. It's kind of funny, every year, someone (I really can't remember who) mumbles about how they can just go to Little Caesars and get a WHOLE pizza for $5.

If you're that person, you're more than welcome to spend your own time and gas and get your whole pizza for $5, or you can bring it at the beginning and eat it cold.

So, within reason, if you order lunch for $5, YOU can likely have all you want.

Does that make sense, am I being reasonable?
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Last edited by denial15; Mar 21, 2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:02 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,925 Posts
Can't wait! Flying this Saturday gave me the bug again! FPV is wearing off a bit, mainly because flying alone isn't much fun.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:53 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,400 Posts
Yes! SWARm time again!
ttabbal is offline Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Feb 25, 2014, 03:34 AM
Joined Sep 2013
70 Posts
After Flying in the sWARm last year it has become a must attend event..
Bring on the Carnage
peety01 is offline Find More Posts by peety01
Old Feb 25, 2014, 09:04 AM
Hobby Addict
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined May 2013
20 Posts
This is awesome, hopefully I'll have my assassin built by then and i can bring a couple of people with me to contend...super excited
bikrzee24 is offline Find More Posts by bikrzee24
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:59 AM
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Jan 2006
508 Posts
I'm absolutely in.

Assassin Pylon sounds awesome, I'm definitely in for that.

If we did an Assassin Pylon event would we allow Widow Makers as well or put any other restrictions?
iceburg47 is offline Find More Posts by iceburg47
Old Feb 25, 2014, 04:07 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,307 Posts
Combat is the main game of the sWARm but I hope to try a couple of new things to see how they go.

I don't care if Widowmakers race with the Assassins as long as they are using the same motor and prop. I think it will be more the pilot than the plane.

If you use a bigger motor on the Assassin, for example I have one with a 3530-1700 KV now, you may be asked to fly with the Titans and Reapers in a larger motor class. I think with our crowd there will be a little combat going on too.

We could also do an Albatross/ Pelican class so no one is left out. This would be a good test of skill for the slow flyers too.

How tall do the pylons need to be?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 06:50 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,400 Posts
I think the pylon thing sounds fun. I'll probably be more about crashing and hitting other planes, but it's still fun. I'd try wings and the slow flyers...
ttabbal is offline Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:52 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,092 Posts
Did somebody say sWARm!!!!? I still have a storm chaser that needs a beat down!
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Feb 26, 2014, 01:10 AM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,871 Posts
My F-22 still looks new.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 03:00 AM
Joined Sep 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC View Post
Did somebody say sWARm!!!!? I still have a storm chaser that needs a beat down!
As I recall You also have a SUPER HUGE wing you should bring to the swarm.
peety01 is offline Find More Posts by peety01
Old Feb 26, 2014, 07:23 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,307 Posts
Wondering about the basics again.

Do we need the potty?
Jon, Will you please make sure the sod farm is aware of the date?
Dan, will you please head up the food again?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 09:57 AM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,871 Posts
I can do food again. No problem.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 01:08 PM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001