HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
looking for beginner plane

Hey im new to rc planes and am looking for a cheap one as in under $100 dollars and ready to fly with the controller.
Kylebrw is offline Find More Posts by Kylebrw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:53 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,318 Posts
Try posting in this section you'll get more responses http://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tra...ft-electric-8/

My vote is for a Champ http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/champ-rtf-HBZ4900

It's small so you can't fly it in very much wind but that was my first plane and i have no regrets. It was a fun, easy to fly plane.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:03 PM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
This section is for 3D foamies which are not for beginners.

I'll second the recommendation for the hobbyzone champ. It's a great easy to fly plane and lightweight which makes it less prone to damage. You can often find spare parts for it at your LHS (here in the US). The only two weaknesses are it doesn't handle much wind (which you should not be flying in anyway as a beginner) and the other is the transmitter included is low power so don't fly it much farther than 400ft (not usually a problem since the plane is small). Make sure to wait for calm wind conditions and take it to an open area at least the size of a sports field.

I recommend reading the six keys to success for new pilots before you fly, it covers the most common mistakes made by beginners.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.
Rayne is offline Find More Posts by Rayne
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
sorry about that, and thanks for the suggestion
Kylebrw is offline Find More Posts by Kylebrw