HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2006, 01:15 PM
London - UK
Joined Nov 2005
63 Posts
New Product
Fury

Hello all!

I have been flying my reflex 3D for a while now (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438673) and I wanted to extend my 3D fleet.
As I am very pleased with the quality of the Reflex 3D, I checked the other models of the retailer and they have a new one that seems promising, the Fury that you can find in test here:
http://www.newpower-modelisme.com/evenements.html

The required equipment seems bigger than the Reflex 3D to be fully 3D although I think it could work with the same motor, batteries and servos.
If I have to fully equip a new model, I then would have two ready to fly at all times... that would be nice!
Maybe they will also prpose some packages with more powerful equipment than I have, as they do for other planes.

What do you think about this model? Has anyone seen it already?
Another Hobby-Lobby kit soon?

I saw that New Power Modelisme is now a registered user... can they give us more information about the Fury please?
fun_to_fly is offline Find More Posts by fun_to_fly
Last edited by fun_to_fly; Oct 30, 2006 at 04:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2006, 02:28 PM
Yes, right there.
Comox, BC, CAN
Joined Jul 2003
581 Posts
Wicked looking bird, but my god- 119 Euro (170 CAN!!) :-o
I can get two unmarked/branded Jumping Jacks from hobby-estore for that price :-p
Hopefully this hits North American shores sometime soon. I'd pay $100 for it...
SpleenRippa is offline Find More Posts by SpleenRippa
Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:09 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
This looks very nice.. another plane to add to the list that ive been debating over . the specs come out to almost a 45 inch wingspan and a 29 1/2 inch length on site ? is the length correct ? also the weight looks really good at 26 1/2 oz. any chance of hobby lobby distributing them in the states or any other companys ?
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2006, 06:09 AM
London - UK
Joined Nov 2005
63 Posts
Yes, the specs are about 44.1" wingspan for 29.5" length. And yes, announced around 26.5 oz, which seems good. But for SpleenRippa, is the jumping jack available in UK for the same price as you can have it in canada??? its a bit smaller too, don't know about the ability to fly with a bit of wind and so on? the Fury is 5" bigger and might perform better here where the wind always blows
Old Oct 29, 2006, 09:36 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
967 Posts
That looks great. Nice find Fun to Fly.
TRuss is offline Find More Posts by TRuss
Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:24 AM
Yes, right there.
Comox, BC, CAN
Joined Jul 2003
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_to_fly
Yes, the specs are about 44.1" wingspan for 29.5" length. And yes, announced around 26.5 oz, which seems good. But for SpleenRippa, is the jumping jack available in UK for the same price as you can have it in canada??? its a bit smaller too, don't know about the ability to fly with a bit of wind and so on? the Fury is 5" bigger and might perform better here where the wind always blows

Check out www.hobby-estore.com and look at the "Desert 3d." As far as I know, it isn't a clone of the JJ- it -is- the JJ. Story I heard was, that Hobby-Estore is the site for the factory (or at least has ties to factory) that makes a few of the Fliton birds.
As for the rest of the story, I'm not sure. I've heard that Fliton had so many planes made then said they didn't want them all, so now the factory is dumping them.
I've also read that Hobby-estore are just dicks, and selling the kits for $50 because they can, and that Fliton actually tried to take legal action against them for this (against the Chinese! Good luck!).
What's true? I have no idea :-p
Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:33 AM
Just south of Cambridge, UK
Joined Oct 2003
982 Posts
fury looks like a bigger version of the Reflex, it doesnt look like the JJ. the desert 3D looks identical however.

edible_engine is offline Find More Posts by edible_engine
Old Oct 29, 2006, 04:05 PM
Yes, right there.
Comox, BC, CAN
Joined Jul 2003
581 Posts
That's what I said. I have a Desert, it -is- a JJ :-p

[QUOTE=edible_engine]fury looks like a bigger version of the Reflex, it doesnt look like the JJ. the desert 3D looks identical however.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 04:22 PM
Joined Oct 2003
982 Posts
[QUOTE=SpleenRippa]That's what I said. I have a Desert, it -is- a JJ :-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_engine
fury looks like a bigger version of the Reflex, it doesnt look like the JJ. the desert 3D looks identical however.

sorry, my mistake
Old Oct 30, 2006, 04:54 AM
NEW POWER MODELISME
Paris - FRANCE
Joined Oct 2006
8 Posts
Hello fun To Fly,
happy to know that you have a reflex.
As you mention the fury is bigger than reflex, you can use at least the power set you have on the reflex but you will only be able to fly with low aerobatics performances and no 3D.
If you want to get the best profits of the model, you must use a power set with of 250W motor,propeller from 10 x 47 to 11 X 4,7, 30/40 amps controller and 1500/1800 mA 20C discharge lipo battery. For servos 9/10G servos are Ok, please choose one type with long arms and good resolution from your favorite dealer. We have used futaba's, GWS's and the hitec 56 and 65 and work well.
As you will see the model is big for a low weight. We have tried to find low weight solution at every step of design without restriction to weight or quality, so you will find andised aluminium horm, profile gear legs and complete set of low weight carbon linkage for ailerons, rudder and elevator.
Hope this answer more to your askings.
You will find the Fury and assistance throught Helger distribution retailer in UK.
Have a nice day!
François
NEW POWER is offline Find More Posts by NEW POWER
Old Oct 30, 2006, 09:38 AM
London - UK
Joined Nov 2005
63 Posts
Thanks New power for the precisions, it looks then that I can use my reflex equipment for a start. But as I really want 3D I think I'll check out my options for a complete kit.... or another plane maybe a bit smaller!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:52 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
967 Posts
I would really like to see Hobby Lobby distribute this plane. I want one, but I don't feel like having make an international order.
TRuss is offline Find More Posts by TRuss
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:59 PM
Joined Oct 2003
982 Posts
hmmm my acro master is coming to the end of its life, im tempted!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 08:56 PM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,077 Posts
I'm getting a little tired of transparent covering,but this one looks really nice.It sure has nice lines!Going to have to keep an eye out for this one and see if it makes it to the US.
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Oct 30, 2006, 09:10 PM
Team Airfoilz
Derby Ks
Joined Feb 2005
927 Posts
Wow it's short. Sounds like a great tumbler, but not very precise because of that.
Ryguy is offline Find More Posts by Ryguy