HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 11:51 AM
Joined Oct 2014
254 Posts
Discussion
Which ESC and power distribution system to use

I have some airframes, and some good options for motors (e.g. MT 1306 and Cobra 2204). And, if it matters, I will use one of the smaller nanoMultiWii or Naze32 FC.

But, I am at a loss as to what my best options are for ESC, and what to do for a power distribution system.

What ESC would you recommend for a 1S, 2S, and 3S aircraft (and what rationale would you use for choosing 2S over 3S, or vice versa, when the motor and ESC can work on either)? The MT 1306, for example, will run either 1S or 2S, and the Cobra motor will take either 2S or 3S.

And then, there is the matter of power distribution, connecting the battery and ESC to the FC. Is it better to look at a harness or a power distribution board, and which good one(s) will support quad, hex, and octo copters? My need, here, is to get a good one that will be as light as is possible, without compromising ability to handle the power. (links to good products I ought to consider would be appreciated).

Thanks

Ted
tedbyers is online now Find More Posts by tedbyers
to remove ads between posts