HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:54 PM
United Kingdom, England, Inchbrook
Joined Apr 2014
21 Posts
Help!
how to start a fuel plane

hello
i have recently bought a nitro engine and i am going to start it soon with a acrabatic plane. i have been wondering if you could help me with starting the engine. I think this is a bad idea by getting my first nitro plane as a acrabatic plane which is taller than me but i think that it will be good. so i am wonderig if you could tell me what i need to start the engine, it is a 30cc glow 2 stroke engine and i don't know what i need. could you tell me what components i will need and how to use them to start flying it. so far i only have the engine, a plane and the fuel.
please help

thanks Callum
plane controller is offline Find More Posts by plane controller
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2014, 03:38 AM
Florida
Joined Dec 2001
390 Posts
I can't believe nobody helped you with this. I'm betting you already have your engine running but if not here's info for you.

Starting a glow engine is simple if it's a decent engine and hasn't been abused.

Before you do anything else be sure that when you pull the throttle stick all the way back and the throttle trim all the way down that your carb closes completely.

NEVER set up a glow engine so that you can't shut it off from the transmitter.

Most modern computer transmitters will have a spring-loaded toggle that you can use as an engine kill through programming.

OK, so you have a plane with an engine mounted and a properly assembled fuel tank.

You need a way to light your glow plug. Either a power panel with a glow clip that plugs into it or a dedicated glow igniter.

You should wear eye protection and definitely wear a heavy glove.

You need a way to get fuel from your jug into the tank.

That's everything.

I have an article on my site that explains how to start a glow engine. Nothing has changed since I wrote it so just read through it and you'll know what to do.

Before running the engine the first time make sure the needles are set per the instructions.

http://www.airfieldmodels.com/inform...s/starting.htm
CafeenMan is offline Find More Posts by CafeenMan
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:36 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
1st off get help. If you don't know how to fly, learn on a trainer 1st.
I've seen hundreds of 1st timers crash their new plane because they chose an aerobatic/warbird instead of a trainer plane.
You would want to learn to swim by jumping off a boat 1/4 mile from shore would you?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:03 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,490 Posts
I would venture too say, since he has not re-posted, it is a pile of splinters somewhere!

head shakes!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 08:00 AM
Florida
Joined Dec 2001
390 Posts
Reading his first post it wasn't clear to me that this was his first plane. He said it was his first glow plane so I thought that he might be experienced with electrics and just needed to know the specifics for glow.
CafeenMan is offline Find More Posts by CafeenMan