HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2013, 07:22 PM
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
Hey I know it's not good but that can sometimes take a few days before I reply to mail.
Because I have a lot of work and FPVlongrange is a hobby and therefore it may take a few days between I read the mail.

Regards John
John Jensen is offline Find More Posts by John Jensen
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2013, 02:08 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Hello,

I have recently purchased the UHF repeater system and it is not working with my EzUHF.

I have programmed the repeater to 8ch and I am using my Spektrum Radio/Receiver.

I know that all of the wiring is correct, but no matter what I do, my EzUHF will not correctly startup. When I power on the EzUHF, it just starts beeping, signaling that it is not receiving a good PPM signal from the repeater.

Here are more details of my setup:
There are four wires coming out of the ezuhf cable. I have connected the red one to the yellow signal wire on the repeater, and the white wire on the ezuhf cable to the black wire on the repeater system. I know that this is the correct assignment of cables as I have tested where each cable does goes with a multimeter. I have tried switched modes on the repeater to both 8ch and 9ch, but neither works.

I know that this whole problem is not because of the ezuhf because it works fine when it is connected directly to my Spektrum Dx18.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Best,
George
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Last edited by BigEast; Nov 24, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2014, 05:16 PM
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
Hi Happy New Year to all
The problems with Ez is that they have changed little on how PPM stream should be.

I have changed a bit in the software and now it works with Ez again.

If anyone has one they would like to have obdateret please send an email and I will say what you need to do.

Regards John
John Jensen is offline Find More Posts by John Jensen
Old Jan 17, 2014, 03:04 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Tauranga
Joined Dec 2008
40 Posts
Why can you not just take the PPM output from your RX and connect it directly to the PPM in on the EzUhf Unit ... why the need for the converter ..is it just for people with out PPM capable Rx ?
crazytaz is offline Find More Posts by crazytaz
Old May 02, 2014, 10:43 AM
Denmark Copenhagen Hvidovre
Joined Nov 2009
137 Posts
Is it just me, or is this just a device that takes PWM from a normal receiver and summarize the PWM into PPM, a socalled PWM to PPM converter which goes further to the UHF system.
I think it can be made by using a simple atmega from an Arduino, or if you want a absolut low latency delay you could use an FPGA to operate all the inputs parallel and therefor eliminating the latency delay.
Easy tutorial of how to make a PWM to PPM converter using arduino.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000132
iw28 is offline Find More Posts by iw28
Old May 02, 2014, 09:58 PM
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Jan 2011
172 Posts
ya what's up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytaz View Post
Why can you not just take the PPM output from your RX and connect it directly to the PPM in on the EzUhf Unit ... why the need for the converter ..is it just for people with out PPM capable Rx ?
same question
fliteline dave is offline Find More Posts by fliteline dave
Old May 03, 2014, 03:48 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Tauranga
Joined Dec 2008
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliteline dave View Post
same question
Yeah ! Just what I said .. LOL
crazytaz is offline Find More Posts by crazytaz
Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:27 PM
steve
Brazil
Joined Nov 2010
241 Posts
I've been using this product for more than a year and love it!

BUT today I upgraded my exUHF Tx500 to v1.5 and now I'm having trouble binding.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....108#post557108

Ssassen is saying it must be connected directly to the radio to do the bind procedure but I've never had to do that. I don't even have the necessary 1/8 plug cable.

The problem is the ezUHF Tx500 will not enter binding mode. It complains it's not detecting a PPM at power up.

My only guess is that the new fw is expecting the PPM sooner than the repeater is able to give it. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
f11music.com is offline Find More Posts by f11music.com
Old Aug 11, 2014, 08:23 PM
steve
Brazil
Joined Nov 2010
241 Posts
It looks like the problem might be with the 1.5 firmware. I went back to 1.43 and it works fine now.
f11music.com is offline Find More Posts by f11music.com
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:09 PM
I've been naughty.
Joined Aug 2014
10 Posts
futaba t8j super w dragonlink v2.
I bought one months ago- used it for months but it has an intermittent delay- this has cost me 3 quads already crashing because of a 2 second delay in control. I cant use this thing like this and its basically a brick. Any advice I don't particularly feel like even pugging it in to lose another thousand dollar quad.

I cannot convey how disconcerted I am overthis. I thought it was my fault until I realised this random delay. IT does seem to be only when holding stick at a set position. It it doesn't appear to delay a channel if the channel remains actively fluctuating its signal.
ie if your gently moving left to rght and back on the stick almost not enough to notice but the stick is sending signal it will always provide an immediate response if you move in a direction but get this if the stick in question hasnt had any contact and is siting at a set point its likely to randomly delay its signal commencement by at least .8 second.
jihwaan is offline Find More Posts by jihwaan
Last edited by jihwaan; Aug 14, 2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:09 PM
I've been naughty.
Joined Aug 2014
10 Posts
did i mention it sent my s800 into a powrline too
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:10 PM
I've been naughty.
Joined Aug 2014
10 Posts
so I unplugged it plugged a standard futaba cable between my dragonlink and t8j super. no delay.