HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
Noob Quad Jockey
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2011
90 Posts
Question
Blade MSR Questions...

Well, I crashed my mSR one too many times, and destroyed the 5in1. Fortunately, Horizon Hobby's excellent customer service decided to send me a new one for free! While I'm waiting for that to arrive, a bunch of aluminum "upgrades" came in the mail, and I installed those.

Swashplate, Anti-collar, main hub.

Question 1: Since I still can't fly my bird yet, I wanted to ask you guys: How bad is the weight difference between all these aluminum parts and the stock parts? I can't seem to find any information online, but the mSR does seem a little more hefty when I hold it in my hand. I don't want to have to give it max throttle just to get it off the ground. Also, will adding all this weight above the C of G cause it to be less stable?

Question 2: I can't for the life of me figure out what the heck the "Swashplate Calibration Tool" is supposed to accomplish. Seems like the linkage rods should be holding everything in place just fine. Whenever my swashplate gets a little crooked and starts wobbling around, I get out the little red tool, but it never seems to do anything. Can someone enlighten me?
xoxota is offline Find More Posts by xoxota
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
Here's a great video on the calibration tool and how to use it:

E Flite Blade MSR Using SwashPlate Alignment Tool (2 min 58 sec)
gryffin2007 is offline Find More Posts by gryffin2007
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
You will also have to adjust the servo links with the new swashplate.
Microcrasher is offline Find More Posts by Microcrasher
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:57 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Sep 2011
162 Posts
never had much luck with aluminum parts. In a crash those will hold up, but somewhere down the line something else breaks because it is still plastic. It is just my opinion and my opinion only so go easy on me, but I find aluminum parts a waste of money for anyone who still crashes on a regular basis(like I used to be). If your done crashing except for the occasional mishap here and there, but can learn to hit throttle hold quick enough, then aluminum parts may be a bonus for some performance enhancement.
lawguy14 is offline Find More Posts by lawguy14