HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:10 AM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
908 Posts
Gentlemen and Lady, can you inform if the 911 transmitter can have servos reversed?
I have a need to use it for a different purpose and notice that the gimbals are externally screwed but internally soldered to the main board? Have not been able to pull the back entirely off as the aerial is impeding this. My usual procedure is to resolder the pots or turn the gimbals but in this case it looks unlikely,. the trims would not be reversed in moving the gimbals. May have to get the 9116 trani...
Rusty Nail is online now Find More Posts by Rusty Nail
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:10 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
So, my V911 arrived in the mail just now and while im really excited to fly it, I found something to my great disappointment. My batteries and battery receptacle are the "updated" connectors. (Small, white blocks at the end of the battery) not the traditional V911 battery connection.

This means, the 150mAh batteries I just ordered are absolutely USELESS, and in searching for more batteries that fit the new receptacle, I couldn't find anything. Im pretty bummed out about it.

Does anyone else have the "updated" battery contacts? If so, have you found anywhere to buy additional batteries?

I mean, I suppose I could return the helicopter and try to purchase one from a different source. But that is such a hassle. Im already going to have to return the batteries as it is right now and wait for a refund.

What would you guys recommend?
I believe I am not too far from you. I have just received my package from Tmark which included some skids complete with the old style connector and wires. I'll let you have them if you order a replacement shipped to me.

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:09 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
So, for the sake of my own piece of mind, I decided to try and fly my V911 this morning. Even with the defective Tx.

To my surprise, I managed to bring the V911 to a nice hover without needing much trimming. It still wanted to spin clockwise slightly (which is the part that I can't trim) but for some reason, it flew a lot better today than it did yesterday. I tried flight mode 1 and flight mode 2, but my success was in flight mode 1.

I couldn't really try any maneuvers out because I was flying inside in a smaller space and I still couldn't trim it properly. But heck, after yesterday? I was thrilled I could even get the thing to hover with some stability.

Hopefully with a new transmitter (thanks to MakDaddy), I'll really be able to give it some exercise, and start flying it the way its meant to be flown!

I wanted to share this experience, because it was reassuring for me! Having been able to get it to steadily hover, makes me think that my board is okay, its just the Tx that has the problems.

EDIT: Clarifying my use of the word "mode"
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Last edited by HuskySpade; Oct 03, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:50 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
I just received two Red/White BNFs from Tmart. They have the old style battery connector. Took 10 days to get here. I'm in West Bloomfield, MI.

Only had time for a quick test, but both birds fly OK after a bit of tuning.

PS. They both have the new flybar, but I ordered a spare flybar and the one I got is the old one.

Owen
My orders have gotten here in 4-5 five days,I am in California.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,350 Posts
HuskySpade,Its good to hear that you got her flying a bit.There are people that like the mode 1 Tx,and may offer you a few $$ for it
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
HuskySpade,Its good to hear that you got her flying a bit.There are people that like the mode 1 Tx,and may offer you a few $$ for it
Sorry, I should clarify my use of the word "mode".

The Tx is a mode 2 Tx. I was referring to flight modes 1 and 2. Triggered by the button on the top left of the controller. The "left bumper" I should say.

My apologies for the confusion.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:42 AM
Heliboy
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Sep 2012
61 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time (read page 1 - 1000+ lol ) while waiting for my bird to arrive. Well it just did and it is AWESOME so I decided not to lurk any more. Mine arrived with a slightly different packing and the box was only *slightly* dented but everything else seemed ok. In my excitement (this is my first single rotor 4ch, flew a Lama V4 before but that didn't go down too well) I took off and it flew right into the tassel of a hanging ornamental lantern and crashed (from about 1.5 m). It then began to exhibit severe shuddering.. However due to everyone's accumulated knowledge, I was able to find lots of solutions to the possible issues and the little guy flies great now. Thank you everyone and keep up the good work!!
redtwiilight is offline Find More Posts by redtwiilight
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,350 Posts
redtwiilight; Enjoy your new bird!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Welcome to the community redtwiilight! Since joining i've interacted with lots of friendly, knowledgeable people on here, and most certainly if you have a question, someone has an answer.

Enjoy your V911! I just got mine yesterday.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
I tried to bind my heli with a 9x transmitter according to the settings that I found here, and suddenly my heli began flying with 100% speed and it hit the ceiling and crushed. Suprisingly, it still flies but not good. Currently I fly it with the stock tx.
Even when I try to trim it, it just doesn't fly straight, I can't get it hover without touching the transmitter.
What do you suggest me to do?
Should I buy a new v911?
I had so many 4ch helis as the SP but I've never succeeded on keeping my heli alive for more than a week due to hard crushes..
ohad2 is offline Find More Posts by ohad2
Last edited by ohad2; Oct 03, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:11 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad2 View Post
I tried to bind my heli with a 9x transmitter according to the settings that I found here, and suddenly my heli began flying with 100% speed and it hit the ceiling and crushed. Suprisingly, it still flies but not good. Currently I fly it with the stock tx.
Even when I try to trim it, it just doesn't fly straight, I can't get it hover without touching the transmitter.
What do you suggest me to do?
Should I buy a new v911?
I had so many 4ch helis as the SP but I've never succeeded on keeping my heli alive for more than a week due to hard crushes..
Which setting did you use? Did you reverse the throttle?
ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
Which setting did you use? Did you reverse the throttle?
I used these settings:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1686230
Are those settings good? (there's a little chance that I made a mistake while copying them)
If not, could you give me please good settings for flying the v911 with the 9x mode 2.
(Sorry for bad English)
ohad2 is offline Find More Posts by ohad2
Last edited by ohad2; Oct 03, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:10 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad2 View Post
I used these settings:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1686230
Are those settings good? (there's a little chance that I made a mistake while copying them)
If not, could you give me please good settings for flying the v911 with the 9x mode 2.
(Sorry for bad English)
I had the same thing happen to me. To check if it is throttle reverse just turn on the TX and plug in the batt to the copter (hang on to it) and once it starts to spool up move your throttle up and it should decrease in RPM. Had an interesting misshap simular to what was noted.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nail View Post
Gentlemen and Lady, can you inform if the 911 transmitter can have servos reversed?
I have a need to use it for a different purpose and notice that the gimbals are externally screwed but internally soldered to the main board? Have not been able to pull the back entirely off as the aerial is impeding this. My usual procedure is to resolder the pots or turn the gimbals but in this case it looks unlikely,. the trims would not be reversed in moving the gimbals. May have to get the 9116 trani...
To take the TX apart:

In addition to the four obvious case screws, there is a small screw at the base of the antenna cap.
Remove the screw and wrangle (wiggle, maybe need to use a pair of pliers) the cap off.
Then you can disassemble.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
RE: Aliexpress/Firecabbage

Has anyone done business with them recently?

I bought several things from them a couple months ago, but can't seem to get a response from them now.

Did they go out of business, or ban me personally?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC