HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2011, 02:06 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
So Darryl does this Devo 6 look like a replacement for the 2603 with more functions but only a single model memory - or is it going to be a standalone Tx in its own right

Regards David
Hi David. The Devo 6 I have actually has a 12 model memory. So it could be a stand alone Tx for various models. It is also smaller in dimensions than the Devo 8 and 12 so its kind of easy to pack and go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
How's it compare to the MCPX?
It flies just about the same IMO. I haven't tried to flip it over yet but I will. It is underpowered as most all of these micros. But, it seems to be very durable since I have already slammed it into a wall and my metal workbench without any damage to the heli. Pretty impressive for a Walkera so far. This might be the best piece of micro work they have done since the 4G6. I switched off the 6 axis gyro (since I like being in control and not the Rx) and the 3 axis gyro works well so far. I think a better c rated lipo might wake this heli up a bit as well.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 02:41 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Hi David. The Devo 6 I have actually has a 12 model memory. So it could be a stand alone Tx for various models. It is also smaller in dimensions than the Devo 8 and 12 so its kind of easy to pack and go.

It flies just about the same IMO. I haven't tried to flip it over yet but I will. It is underpowered as most all of these micros. But, it seems to be very durable since I have already slammed it into a wall and my metal workbench without any damage to the heli. Pretty impressive for a Walkera so far. This might be the best piece of micro work they have done since the 4G6. I switched off the 6 axis gyro (since I like being in control and not the Rx) and the 3 axis gyro works well so far. I think a better c rated lipo might wake this heli up a bit as well.
DK you can get to PC & TC an make adjustment like Devo8 & 12 without being limited like the 2603tx. Also the Devo6 is 6ch instead of 8ch.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Aug 29, 2011, 03:04 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
DK you can get to PC & TC an make adjustment like Devo8 & 12 without being limited like the 2603tx. Also the Devo6 is 6ch instead of 8ch.
Hey Vronny. Yes it is 100% programmable for all curves, D/R and Expo. It is 6ch but I hear there may be a 7ch in the works as well. Pretty nice IMO. Now if we could just get one that is 2801 compatible it would be perfect. LOL.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 03:18 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,170 Posts
It wouldn't be indestructible in my hands lol
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:29 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Darryl and there is also likely be a 7 Channel - that I did not expect - I will watch how this rolls out with interest.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:10 PM
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
This one here seems to take quite a beating also:

Messe Intermodelbau 2011 (6 min 6 sec)
Heli_Noob is offline Find More Posts by Heli_Noob
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:27 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,703 Posts
I am going to reiterate: Against Helicopter Cruelty!!!
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:05 PM
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I am going to reiterate: Against Helicopter Cruelty!!!
I'll second that!
Heli_Noob is offline Find More Posts by Heli_Noob
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:12 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,298 Posts
If there is no tail blowout problems like the MCPx, I will switch over from flying the MCPx in a flash. I prefer to fly stock where I can and not to mod.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:23 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I'm still curious about that main motor...is it a coreless motor? It looks like a motor from the ufo#8 series.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:50 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
I'm still curious about that main motor...is it a coreless motor? It looks like a motor from the ufo#8 series.
Hi Bill. I am not sure what the main motor is from. The metal mount actually raises the motor quite a bit so the motor itself is about 4mm shorter than it looks in the pics. According to Walkera, this heli was designed for the beginner CP market. As a result, it is underpowered and very stable in hover. The 6 axis gyro feature really tunes down the heli to the point of coax type feel in flight. Since this is the only sample released, there is still some work to be done on her before production. I will give them some suggestions and hope for the best from there. In general, IMO, its a nice little flyer for indoors for sure and it is very durable (crashed it a few times already with no damage).

BTW, I have personally confirmed that you can crash it against something, let it fall to the floor, and just spin it back up to get it back in the air without touching it.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:52 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Hey Vronny. Yes it is 100% programmable for all curves, D/R and Expo. It is 6ch but I hear there may be a 7ch in the works as well. Pretty nice IMO. Now if we could just get one that is 2801 compatible it would be perfect. LOL.
Which do you like better? The V100D08 or this? I think I remember you flew the D08 but not positive. This heli looks more for crash resistance than flight characteristics. It also looks like it has that rock back and forth action working against it.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:01 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Which do you like better? The V100D08 or this? I think I remember you flew the D08 but not positive. This heli looks more for crash resistance than flight characteristics. It also looks like it has that rock back and forth action working against it.
I really love flying the V100D08. It has plenty of power for 3D flight right out of the box. No mods. Plus the tail holds great.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:58 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
I really love flying the V100D08. It has plenty of power for 3D flight right out of the box. No mods. Plus the tail holds great.
Thanks I had a feeling you would say that. I havent been flying any micros lately cus I been constantly flying this->

Karbonic SIX Y6 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter shot w/GoPro on 4s (3 min 52 sec)

But I am thinking about getting the V100D08.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:06 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Hi Bill. I am not sure what the main motor is from. The metal mount actually raises the motor quite a bit so the motor itself is about 4mm shorter than it looks in the pics. According to Walkera, this heli was designed for the beginner CP market. As a result, it is underpowered and very stable in hover. The 6 axis gyro feature really tunes down the heli to the point of coax type feel in flight. Since this is the only sample released, there is still some work to be done on her before production. I will give them some suggestions and hope for the best from there. In general, IMO, its a nice little flyer for indoors for sure and it is very durable (crashed it a few times already with no damage).

BTW, I have personally confirmed that you can crash it against something, let it fall to the floor, and just spin it back up to get it back in the air without touching it.
Thanks Darryl - I find the 6 axis gyro aspect really intriguing so is it remote from the Tx so when I beginner gets into trouble they can just switch back to 6 axis gyro mode or is it a switch on the Rx ?

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser