HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2001, 04:58 AM
Hervey Bay, Sunny Qld, Australia
Joined Jun 2001
1,773 Posts
Why do I bother

Yesterday I was in one of the local hobby shops (not my favourite) in Sydney, and I really don't know why I bother with this hobby shop. I go into the establishment knowing what I want and where it is in the shop (always behind a counter where customers can't go). So I browse around the shop waiting to be served. Waiting and waiting while the dumb-arse shop assistants talk to each other, feed themselves and drink while all the paying customers walk in and straight out of the shop, all because the so call "experts in all hobbies" shop assistants can't get their act together and serve the customers. So if anybody who lives in Sydney and is looking for a good hobby shop, DON'T go to Wings n Things in Gladesville.

Over and out
Masterpiece is offline Find More Posts by Masterpiece
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2001, 09:30 AM
NY
Joined May 2000
2,265 Posts
This has happened to me too......What i did may not have changed the world or even made things better but at least i got a bit of satisfaction.

I Called the shop and asked for the owner - once on the phone i introduced myself and explained that several times i entered the shop with MONEY IN MY POCKET to spend......and left empty handed because of the poor/lack of service from his staff. I also noticed several other people do the same.

I then asked if he could afford to loose such business due to his employees' conduct ? I then said that i feel good when i support the local hobby shops but such lack of consideration makes me want to only deal in mail order sales......where i get the same service (none) at a better price !!!

By putting it in dollars and cents and the business he is loosing, at least i felt better

Alan W
Alan W is offline Find More Posts by Alan W