|Feb 08, 2013, 10:58 PM|
Setup mine with the Funfighter replacement motor, 40A ESC & 4S 1000. Using the 5x5 APC prop. Fair performance... faster would be nicer.Its nowhere near as quick as a FunFighter RAREBEAR that uses the exact same power system.
|Feb 09, 2013, 11:13 AM|
Giant Wing Wing is out:
|Feb 09, 2013, 07:23 PM|
I've read through the 18 pages of posts and have a few questions (excuse the noobness of them):
1. Can anyone explain the differences of the prop-driven wings as opposed to the EDF ones? Why would I want a prop driven wing instead of a ducted fan one? Brett, you have both in the family, can you compare them for me?
2. I think I favor the smaller Z-84 size(34") as opposed to the Phantom/Neptune wings(48"). Aside from weight, is there any advantage of a large versus small wing for stability, agility, etc.? I think from the aspect of transporting a smaller one and maybe the amount of available room, a smaller one might be better to start with.
3. I have heli and Champ experience, but nothing as far as a wing is concerned. I have a DX6i transmitter, so, I assume one of the orange HK receivers would work well? I have no idea how to set up the DX6i for it.
The 4 channel receiver is $9.95, but the 6 channel receiver is $5.95 (?). Anybody know what that's about? Which do you guys buy?
4. If I used the stock motor for a while, can I live with the stock ESC or should I get a higher- rated one right away?
5. If I don't have previous wing parts laying around, is there something I can buy or make to better protect the servos?
6. Is the narrow width string reinforced tape available in hobby shops or through HK? I might as well order it when/ if I order the WW.
7. Is this thing truly available through the US warehouse?!! I have yet to find ANYTHING I want available through that warehouse. I think that place is a possibility for MythBusters!!!!
8. Under "Accessories" is lists O-Rings. Does an O-Ring hold the motor to the mount?
|Feb 10, 2013, 12:14 AM|
2:The smaller one is much more agile, the big one is more stable for fpv etc.
it depends on what type of flying you want to do as to which one you pick.
3: You will need to set the tx up for Elevons, I use the 6ch orangeRX's with satelites. the 4ch one is ment for smaller planes ( Its smaller and lighter)
Go with the 6ch (Get the failsafe version if you can)
4: Get a better esc ( I use a Turnigy Plush 40 amp) that way you can chuck
a 4s battery in when you want to upgrade ( Dont for get to upgrade your motor too)
5: you dont need to, the tails protrude below the wing providing protection for the servos.
6: Yes Hk sells the Fibre tape
7: No idea
8: The O-Ring holds the prop to the motor/adaptor.
|Feb 10, 2013, 02:39 AM|
Joined Feb 2013
I have made a lot of research about multicopters and fpv ...
I was thinking of getting a quadricopter but maybe finally i will check wings first ....
I was hesitating between the phantom and the z-84.
I feel the phantom is too big so here I am on this thread
with z-84 I want to (try) aerobatic style, recording with onboard camera and when money : fpv with goggles
the Wing setup :
1 motor : D2826-6 2200kv Outrunner Motor
1 esc : TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller
1 battery : Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack
1 Prop : 6x4 prop
2 servo 9g
I have some questions.
1) According to the site (hking) the lipo should be 2S
why people choose 3s,4s
I choose 3S coz I saw the setup on utube .....
is it coz the chosen motor requieres more volt ? or it's just to make the drone faster (kv by volt)
2) If i want the lowest speed , can I choose a motor around 700 Kv ?
3) about multicopter, we have to choose two types of props ( cw, ccw)
how do i choose a prop for a wing ? cw? ccw? 2 blades 3 blades ?
i know with multicopter, we choose the size of prop depending on the size of the drone and the kv
(if low kv, long prop 12")
4) What i like about multicopter is the possibility of adding sensors or module on the FC
but there is no FC on a wing, does it mean no possibility to add sensor?
|Feb 10, 2013, 02:50 AM|
2: This plane is suited to around a 5-6 inch prop, 700kv is way to low for that. If you want to use 3s and fly bit slower, a 1500 -1800kv with a 6x4 apc should be good
3: it doesnt matter if you choose CW or CCW either will work the same.
But you must choose 2 blade NOT 3 blade, otherwise there will always be
a blade sticking downwards with nowhere to go.
4: You dont state what FC or sensor you are talking about, but you can get an Eagletree data logger and add an OSD PRO with gps/ alt etc
this will give you return to home auto lvl etc. This is assuming you are flying FPV.
By the way a 5000mah 3s is way to big for this plane, 2200mah 3s would be towards the limit.
|Feb 10, 2013, 05:15 AM|
You will not get too much aerobatics out of the Z84 on the standard 2S setup, but I have absolutely killed mine and still flying fine. You need to do fast runs on slight down to get a full loop and will do aileron roll with a bit of skill. It is good for an beginner/intermediate BUT you will NOT get any FPV gear on the Z84.
If you want FPV you will need to go for the bigger plane. The z84 is good to learn on if you have not flown many planes and is indestructable (trust me as I have tried!)
If I had known the bigger one was coming I probably would have waited for it, but that said, the V70 has a 1550mm wing span and I cannot fit the wing across the boot of my car, it has to travel inside. Food for thought.
|Feb 10, 2013, 08:11 AM|
The z-84 is Not a beginner plane in its upgraded form, its much to fast and agile.
|Feb 10, 2013, 08:31 AM|
Thanks for your answers, Snake. I would just be getting started in wings. I can understand the Plush suggestion, but then you advise a different motor too. In your recent vid, you suggest this is not a beginner wing, but Benny thinks it is. I guess it depends on set up, mods, etc. and how you choose to fly it.
I see the 4 channel and 6 channel receivers. I would pick the 6 channel, but am not familiar with the satellite and fail safe parts of that.
I asked about US warehouse availability because not only does it take a good 3 weeks to get here from China, but I also have to be there to sign for it when it does arrive. If I want the PNP, it only shows international warehouse. Then again, if I buy a receiver and a different ESC and a different motor, I guess I'd go for the kit instead.
Edit: The kit is available from the US warehouse along with servos and an 18 A Plush, but not bigger. They don't show ANY brushless motors nor the receiver in the US warehouse - useless.
Does anybody know how to sticky commonly used parts (motors, ESC's, etc.) to the front of the thread for easy reference?
I can see where the magnets would be nice to keep things in place. Does HK have those? How about the two-part epoxy you show?
|Feb 10, 2013, 09:23 AM|
|Feb 10, 2013, 12:45 PM|
Joined Feb 2013
thank you The_RattleSnake and BennyT for your time to help me
- I understand that a bigger wing would fit more what I want to do ( slower and fpv)
but i don't have a car, just a bike. I don't imagine myself with the big wing on my bike
I may fly with the bike lollllll ( wow would be a real fpv )
My first idea of wing was actually Hobbyking Teksumo EPP Wing 900mm
but , even if it's silly, i am not fan of the visual /colors
I saw that wing on the site flitetest , showing the equipment for fpv + wing
it's true on the video it looks so fast ..... maybe i should buy a backup lol coz i have never tried yet any aircraft ....
- so one of the good setup
lipo : 3S 2200mah
motor : 1800kv
servos : 9g
esc : i don't know the A of the motor yet
- About the eagle tree, modules.. yes, it will be when i will do fpv ( requiring more money)
I will get the RC Turnigy 9X , i guess it s ok. I understand it needs to set what they call elevon mixing.
I will find a good simulator (for wings ?)
@Gimmer, so funny lol when we see the guy showing he got the wing, Mission accomplished
EDIT : oh that's your video lol and maybe it was u ! thanks for sharing
may I ask what was your setup? (i know boring question lol )
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Idea Strengthening nose and wing of um t-28 Trojan||djsoccerstar5||Indoor and Micro Models||13||May 19, 2012 11:10 PM|
|Wanted Parkzone 3-Blade Prop, 9 x 7.5: F4U Corsair, T-28 Trojan||Timewarp||Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W)||1||Apr 02, 2012 03:35 AM|
|Wanted 1/3 scale newport bipe 28 wing||jetboyta||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||0||Mar 07, 2012 04:10 PM|
|Question e-flight outrunner w/ (?x? prop.) on a 28" wing and 3 cells=FAST?????||Sammy B||Foamies (Kits)||13||Jan 27, 2005 11:34 AM|