Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
6,651 Posts
Discussion
shipping cost of defective product

first of all, this is not a complaint.
i have got great assistance from Rob.
when i learned that a charger i ordered was overheating the pack i contacted him and he helped me to get a refund for the value of the product.
he also asked me to return it to him and he refunded me for that cost.
great guy!

but even with that, i still lost the cost of shipping to me.
so i have to pay for shipment of a defective product.

if this is the best way hobby king can do, so be it.
at least am not losing the money i paid for it.

but i know that there is at least other company that if you contact them about a defective product, they don't ask you to return it, and send you a replacement free-no cost of shipping nothing (this is true and i can prove it. pm if you want to know who they are)
that is service.
and that is what i was thinking hk was going to do.
naive me.
again: Rob: you are a great help, but i understand that there is so much you can do according with the rules of the business you work for.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2016, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by Black_Angel
Love To Fly
Joined Jan 2015
905 Posts
I have same experience... i got several bad items...the somethimes get some points as refund...but guess who must pay the shipping when order again..

BA
Black_Angel is offline Find More Posts by Black_Angel
Old Jan 30, 2016, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
2,079 Posts
I've had the odd item that got broken during shipping and it was really obvious that it must of happened during shipping,but HK did the right thing and sent me out a new item,i never had to send the broken one back at all,but i did have to send in a photo or two to show it was broken,which i thought was fair enough if not they would have all sorts of scammers trying it on and then they would be out of business.
But i've also had an item that i did have to send back and then they sent me a replacement,no doubt it has something to do with what said company wants done with broken items,some might say let them keep it and others might say we want it back who knows,but to be fair if you got a bus or taxi into town/city and you buy something in the shops and it's broken and then you take it back,do said shop pay for your bus/taxi fair or your petrol money,same sort of thing applies when ordering from HK,if you read their returns and refunds and such over on the HK website all this is clearly marked out.
It's down to us as the buyer to make sure we understand what's what before we buy from any company.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Jan 31, 2016, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
6,651 Posts
some do that

am talking about shipping cost of defective product from hobby king.

so according to you, if a product is defective i have to pay for shipping.
if it does not work, even if i get the refund of the cost, still am losing the amount paid for shipping.
even if that is stipulated in the rules of the sender.
i think that the sender should send a replacement free (as lemon does, for instance: no shipping charges nothing).
then i get a product that works, and i pay for the stipulated shipping only once.
otherwise this can happen any time again.
even if it does not happen frequently.
shipper should garantee the functionality of the product, and send the replacement if it does not work.
now, if he wants to get back the defective product to analize the fault so can prevent this to happen again, he should pay for the return shipping cost.
that is not only fair, is sound customers satisfaction policy.
that is the kind of service we expect.
now, if you buy something from a supplier that is not known, then you are taking chances.
but if a supplier wants to build a reputation, the way to do it by garanteeing that the products work as stipulated in the ad.
this lemon: http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez