Old Nov 03, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by raduque
Joined Jun 2007
596 Posts
Discussion
Rebuilding an old bird

I was given this old CP heli by a friend of mine, it's an Exceed G2 which appears to be a Walkera clone of some kind (Dragonfly maybe?) It's a belt driven rear tail, and it won't take off. What it does do is get light on the skids and spin in place on the ground. I've been able to determine that the problem is the ... whatever... that drives the tail has stripped. It will spin the tail at very low head speeds, but as you spool up, the tail stops spinning entirely.

Anybody have an idea what I can do to fix this? The tail drive assembly doesn't seem to exist on the internet anymore, so unless somebody has a simple fix for it, I guess I'll have to transplant the electronics to another frame.
raduque is offline Find More Posts by raduque
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2015, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by skyeblu
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,342 Posts
Try Xheli.com
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu
Old Nov 04, 2015, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,058 Posts
G2 i think is a 450 sized bird. If so most helis of that age were copies of T-Rex SE V1/ V2. Problem with old helis is parts. X-heli may have them as they sold this a long time ago. Sounds like belt is either lose or worn. If new to helis older helis good luck.
New kits are cheap and electronics should work if not messed up. Old fly bared helis have lots of parts. any one going bad can bring bird down.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 04, 2015, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by raduque
Joined Jun 2007
596 Posts
The belt is actually fine, I took the blades and head off and spun it up on the bench and I could literally see the belt drive pully slow down and stop as the main gear was spun up.

The electronics are standard Walkera parts, even down the WK### model numbers. I think transplanting them into a newer frame with a newer design head is the best idea.
raduque is offline Find More Posts by raduque
Old Nov 12, 2015, 08:54 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,058 Posts
I have Heli0-Max Axe from 2007/ Plus Honey Bee King 2. Each time i got them to fly spomething would fail. Fix onje issue something else fails.
Shame is both are not damaged other then bad electronics. Now flying much newer FBL why bother ?
I have a T-Rex 450 SE V2 in need of repair but its worth effort. The other two will collect dust till trash can time arrives.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04