HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Sep 15, 2015, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by BlueLightSpecial
United States, PA, Gibsonia
Joined Sep 2015
4 Posts
Discussion
First time builder

Im a 40 yo noob, learned on a Champ, finally decided to graduate to something with ailerons. So I purchased a Red Eagle Aurora from value hobbies. Began assembly, Wing went ok, but my question is the foam pieces that contain the carbon rods and attach to the main fuselage on both sides, strengening it. Once I glued these pieces in place, I noticed that the main fuselage has an ever so slight curve to it. Maybe I'm being too critical, but is this going to be a problem? I havent assembled the tail, so perhaps once that is finished, it will be PERFECTLY straight. Thanks in advance!
BlueLightSpecial is offline Find More Posts by BlueLightSpecial
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2015, 05:34 PM
Find More Posts by PaulB
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,608 Posts
Welcome to RC Groups (I would have said 'Hi XXXXX but you didn't post your name....).

A bow in the fuselage however slight will obviously cause a tiny problem, it will effectively give you a bit of unwanted rudder all of the times, but you have a trim button, right?? Just trim it out IF you notice it.

HOWEVER, bet you never notice it and will be 10000% happy with how your Baby flies. Learn for next time but don't worry, models can often fly pretty good with a slight 'bent bit', the biggest problem is when the pilot gets it into his head that it won't fly....

Don't sweat it, go fly and have fun,

Paul
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Sep 16, 2015, 08:10 AM
Joined Sep 2015
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Paul! My name is Josh, by the way! Im hoping that when I assemble the tail, that the tail will pull it all together! I can't wait to finish the build and put her in the air! The more I look at it, the straighter it looks so I am thinking it will be ok! Thanks again!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 08:24 PM
Joined Sep 2015
4 Posts
Ok, as life would have it, I haven't finished my build. I'm sure most of you can assemble this plane in a few hours. But, life's crazy schedule has me in a holding pattern. My question is, what does the rudder use for a hinge? The vague directions show nothing on how to attach the rudder. The rudder is cut with a bevel running from top to bottom. Am I to just glue the point of the bevel to the fuselage? Or use some kind of fabric as a hinge? Totally new to this, don't want to screw it up. Thanks in advance!

Josh
Old Nov 27, 2015, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by BHOFM
Kimbers Keeper.
United States, AR
Joined Nov 2014
2,654 Posts
I think there were some hinges in the package. I used regular CA hinges as the supplied ones
looked a bit whimmpie.

Cut a slot in the rear of the fuselage and a matching slot in the rudder. I would use three hinges min.

I look for a picture.

The picture in the instructions is terrible so I did a drawing.
BHOFM is offline Find More Posts by BHOFM
Last edited by BHOFM; Nov 27, 2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 09:52 PM
Joined Sep 2015
4 Posts
Thanks! I'm out of town right now, but I will stop by the hobby shop for CA hinges. I don't recall seeing them in my kit, so I will just pick some up. Thanks again!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:34 PM
Find More Posts by BHOFM
Kimbers Keeper.
United States, AR
Joined Nov 2014
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightSpecial View Post
Thanks! I'm out of town right now, but I will stop by the hobby shop for CA hinges. I don't recall seeing them in my kit, so I will just pick some up. Thanks again!
They are really small and would be easy to over look. They were in the bag
with the Z bend ends.
BHOFM is offline Find More Posts by BHOFM
Old Nov 29, 2015, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by spastic
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
1,370 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2467143

this might help some
spaz