New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2015, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by farquward
Today is a good day to fly
United States, CA
Joined Sep 2014
616 Posts
Interesting, is it still red with gold trim, "Scarlet Fever"?
farquward is offline Find More Posts by farquward
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2015, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,534 Posts
No. See picture below. It is the boat in the background.

I know the current skipper did not repaint it, so it must have been the previous owner, Randy Vidmar (sp?). He had passed away prior to my joining the club.
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Dec 27, 2015, 05:51 PM
Find More Posts by farquward
Today is a good day to fly
United States, CA
Joined Sep 2014
616 Posts
That # 60 is a familiar number, Chuck or Pete, wow long time ago. Good bunch of guys and gals when we were members. They sailed Santa Barbara's, Marble Heads, Infinity's and as I remember they added the Fairwind class.
farquward is offline Find More Posts by farquward
Old Dec 27, 2015, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,534 Posts
That was Pete M.

He sold the boat to another member when he left the club when it dropped the ODOM class. The club added the SeaWind and for a time it was the largest class. Marbleheads sort of faded away when the newer faster designs obsoleted the older much slower boats.

Pete now occasionally races a Seawind and US1M. He is a regular at a Thurs "sail what you brought" informal beer can races at Lake Natoma.

Chuck has not raced in the last five years. He stayed on as Treasurer until last year when I took that on.

SMYC currently races US1M, Santa Barbara (the largest class), I-54 and SeaWind. Discussions are underway about combining with the Elk Grove MYC that sails those classes but uses the CanterburyJ in place of the Infinity. A combined club would sail all the classes and add an unscored Novice class where experienced skippers would act as mentors for new skippers to teach tuning, RRS and tactics. The two clubs have quite a few members in common so it will be interesting to see how the voting goes in January.

BTW , if you would like you can pm me your name and I will tell Pete you said hello.
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Mar 20, 2016, 03:00 PM
Find More Posts by Rssailor
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
1,049 Posts
Skippers, the first SFMYC I 54 race is next weekend on Saturday 3/26. Looks like we should have at least seven boats. I hope to see many of you there. Exciting things are happening with the group growing by another boat joining the fleet. Welcome Rob Weaver to the group sailing a new to boat from Southern California. Ryan
Rssailor is offline Find More Posts by Rssailor
Old Mar 28, 2016, 07:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,049 Posts
Well the first SFMYC club Infinity 54 series race one is in the books. The day started out promising with six infinity 54 skippers at the club house. Getting out to the lake, the wind was gusty probably to around twelve to fourteen with lulls in between. The first race was a triangle sausage. After fighting it out with Rob Weaver, my boat crossed the line first. Next race same course, Rob got some great breaks and sailed well to take the win with my boat right behind him. Also, Jason and Jerry's boats have break down issues that force them out of the races, leaving four boats to mix it up after race three. A few races later Jim H, Myself and Rob W are all virtually tied going into race six. After a tight start, I manage to lead to the weather mark, then back to the top of the course. After a rough reach, Rob gets close to me driving down on a big puff that I did not get. Going upwind, I seem to find every hole and unfavorable wind shift, while Rob plays it smart and sails by me missing the holes and unfavorable win shifts to win the race. Great sailing Rob, wins the day over myself by one point. Jim H our class secretary takes third for the day sailing very well, I belive he won either race three or four. Kenny Harold sailed well at times and came in fourth. With a bit of practice would not be surprised if is up there challenging the rest of us. Jason and Jerry will be back after some minor boat repairs. Ryan S #47 sailing
Old May 01, 2016, 11:17 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,049 Posts
Happy to see five Infinity 54's on the water today in Sacramento. Was good racing in light wind. Eric was back on the water with #60 today after repairing his rudder. Thanks guys for some good racing today. Ryan