New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2015, 01:58 PM
Find More Posts by jbarchuk
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
2,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages View Post
The jst connector seems to be suspect as I can wiggle it and the blue light will come on and go off.
Change the connector. It's obviously suspect. Whether that fixes anything else is another question that can't be answered till after it's changed, but if wiggling causes power cycling it's *definitely* very very bad. Imagine trying to drive your car and the fuel flow keeps turning on and off.
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:49 AM
Find More Posts by fmimages
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2010
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarchuk View Post
Change the connector. It's obviously suspect. Whether that fixes anything else is another question that can't be answered till after it's changed, but if wiggling causes power cycling it's *definitely* very very bad. Imagine trying to drive your car and the fuel flow keeps turning on and off.
I re-soldered it on the board and that seemed to help the power cycling. It still doesn't want to lift off. I've got another frame and I will be receiving in the mail a new 180 FC board soon. If all goes well and it binds to my stock transmitter then I'll fly that and forget about the stock MQX. If all my batteries get good flights on the 180 miss-match MQX then I think it is the board mal-functioning on the stock MQX.
fmimages is offline Find More Posts by fmimages
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:51 PM
Joined Nov 2010
633 Posts
I installed a new 180 FCB on the MQX and everything works perfectly.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 05:48 PM
Joined Nov 2010
633 Posts
I found a broken wire on my original MQX and resoldered the leads to the power wires but it still don't work. I am now down to a new FCB to see if that will make it fly again. In AGILITY mode is there a difference from the MQX board to the 180 board in terms of flying agility?