HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Feb 07, 2016, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by handyman 220
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcessna View Post
I have had this plane for over four years with many flights. Keep it light... Fly it to the ground. Take it off like a bat out of hell. Plane flys great..landing is the only exciting part. Don't bounce it.. Enjoy. I am betting if you can land the plane OK you will keep it for a a good while.

I think I have made most errors you can make with this plane. It is pretty tough. Make sure you do something to keep the canopy from coming loose in flight and blowing off. Piece of tape on side if nothing else. It can happen. Promise. Landing without the canopy is even more challenging in my humble opinion. I love this plane. Hope you do to..
Thanks for the info. I did read about the cabin blowing off, a couple more magnets or a latch should do the trick. The landing is what was really concerning me and kept me from buying it. I couldn't resist any longer I just love the looks of the plane, the 1930s nostalgia I guess.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2016, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by capteasy
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
2,276 Posts
I'm an intermediate pilot at best and this plane is just a joy to land for me. I maidened MR MULLIGAN Aug 2014 ad was pretty apprehensive about it. The wing is thin, short and with no dihedral. The fuse is short and fat. It was intimidating to me but after the assembly was complete I loved it's presence. It still intimidates me a bit but has been a joy to fly and the landings continue to be the most satisfying. I'm no expert but I think the high wing and fuselage mass might help to make it more stable than expected.

Anyway I hope anyone interested in getting one will find it just as satisfying to fly as I have and will post their impressions and experience with it....

I like to share photos - hope you like them.

Dick
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy
Old Feb 08, 2016, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by handyman 220
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
887 Posts
Capteasy , it was your posts and pics that sold me on buying the Mr Mulligan. As you said it has a presence, just something about the way it looks I just had to have it. Plus it will also look good with my Stinson.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Feb 08, 2016, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by capteasy
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
2,276 Posts
I'll be anxious to know what you think so please let me know how it turns out....
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy