HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:22 AM
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,077 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Wow, I got a point for my last post as a personal attack. Last time I try to help anyone or take part in any discussion on his site. Half the point I have right now are from post that ARE NOT OFFENSIVE IN ANY WAY. I'm done with this crap. People are right....the mods here have gotten rediculous.

Done and out.
JCMorgan is online now Find More Posts by JCMorgan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:00 AM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,739 Posts
Trader Rating: 230
This thread just keeps getting better....

$140 shipped free from Horizon, brandy new in the box.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ode-2-SPMR6610

Every used one on eBay was $90~$100.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Radio-Contro...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

If it were me, $100 or so shipped would be a good price to sell a used DX6i. According to the market here on RCGroups, it's not a $140 radio, it's a $100 delivered radio. Market prices, it's only worth what someone will pay and Obama didn't have anything to do with that...
Hemikiller is offline Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hemikiller; Nov 06, 2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:15 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,272 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
You guys all fly planks. That's one big reason why things are slowing down in your neck of the woods. It's them bloody drones taking over, guys. The multirotors business is booming. I was told by a large factory in China that their sales on servos are rock bottom meanwhile mbotors and escs are selling more than ever.

My own little business, Armattan Quads, is booming. Not slowing down by any means. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm busier and busier. The classifieds for multirotors has pages of new adds in a single day quite regularly.

Helis and planks are losing a lot of business to this rapidly emerging hobby that is multirotors. And THAT is the truth.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:23 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
ain't nobody got time for quadrama... . Quads and multis certainly have risen (see what I did there?) in popularity, right up there with FPV. The technology is amazing. Just more things to spend money on !
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:03 PM
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,077 Posts
Ok, just got a chance to read through this thread and see what happened.

The reason some people can't sell things is because they are simply not nice people to deal with. If a persons ad is full of negative comments, and complaining about things that have nothing to do with the item being sold, then it's going to put anyone reading it in a negative mind frame. If a seller flies off the handle over the smallest of things, and even mentions and shows signs of being like that in the FS thread, it will probably chase most people away from the listing. How you word your FS listing is very important. One should always put forward a positive, delightful attitude.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:12 PM
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,077 Posts
I fell asleep last night thinking about buying this Dx6i. I figured it's from a Vet, and would make a good addition to the rather outdated radio's at the club that they use for teaching newbies and kids. Woke up this morning with my mind made up to do it. Then I saw I got yet another point. Could not for the life of me figure out what happened. Just got home from work, and it's the first chance I've had to read through the thread. Instead of buying that Dx6i, I am adding someone to my "do not deal with" list. I get to keep my $110, but everybody loses in what would have been a great thing for everybody involved. The reason it won't sell is clear. I am honestly floored by this.
I have decided to take a sabbatical from RCG. Have to put some thought into whether this is a site for me.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined Jan 2013
151 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Alrighty then.
Stanbur is offline Find More Posts by Stanbur
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:13 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,429 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Oh Come on JC...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:46 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,396 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
I'm trying to sell my RealFlight 6.5 simulator for $125 shipped. I keep getting low ball offers like $100, $90, $80 etc, and its in tip top shape.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:00 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,429 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
I'm trying to sell my RealFlight 6.5 simulator for $125 shipped. I keep getting low ball offers like $100, $90, $80 etc, and its in tip top shape.
I looked in Ebay....your right in the ball park.....maybe a 10 spot cheaper than the completed listings I just Browsed...Soooo..I'd stick to your guns on that..
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:07 PM
Joined May 2011
4,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
I looked in Ebay....your right in the ball park.....maybe a 10 spot cheaper than the completed listings I just Browsed...Soooo..I'd stick to your guns on that..
Thanks. I browsed the RCG classifieds to see prices, and many sold them at $125, so I decided to make it that too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:12 PM
Haul ass! Turn left sometimes
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined May 2011
101 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Thanks. I browsed the RCG classifieds to see prices, and many sold them at $125, so I decided to make it that too.
Yep! Stick to your guns my friend. It is worth that! As billy said
Gee-Bee-R2-Racer is offline Find More Posts by Gee-Bee-R2-Racer
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:20 PM
Joined May 2011
4,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroPilot View Post
Yep! Stick to your guns my friend. It is worth that! As billy said
Thanks! I now know that my pricing is fair.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:28 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,351 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Not to burst your cheerful bubble, but RF 7 just got released at $179. Unless you bought 6.5 in the past 2 months - the upgrade is $50. OTOH, $100 is pretty reasonable.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:29 PM
Joined May 2011
4,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Not to burst your cheerful bubble, but RF 7 just got released at $179. Unless you bought 6.5 in the past 2 months - the upgrade is $50. OTOH, $100 is pretty reasonable.
Yeah I know about RF 7. I'm selling RF 6.5 though to help fund a HPI Baja...not for RF 7. I'm still gonna try $125 though......
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread