SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2013
8 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy FBL100 wise

I just got started on flying a 3D 6CH helicopter with a Turnigy FBL100. Unlike a 4CH helicopter, when I move the cyclic stick on the 6CH from the left to the normal position, the helicopter won't center by itself but require the stick to go all the way to the right. Is this behaviour the same across all 3D 6CH helicopters, flybar and flybarless? Correct me if I'm wrong, I think this can be fixed with software adjustment. Would there be another firmware I can somehow upload to my Turnigy or would it be better for me to just adapt to the helicopter's style of control?

I don't think Turnigy FBL100 is the most suitable 3D helicopter to train on. I've seen people recommending the Trex 450, its clones and the Blade's micro 3D helicopter, but they were a bit out of my budget. The Turnigy FBL100's TX has a 3.5mm female connector at the back. Which simulator and which 3.5mm-USB adapter can I use to practice with the TX and this helicopter?

Thanks
congia is online now Find More Posts by congia
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:32 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,212 Posts
The 3axis gyro only knows if it is turning. It does not know up from down unless it has a built in accelerometer. All it does is dampen the influence from outside sources and make corrections to maintain heading so it doesn't weathervane if the tail gets pushed by wind for example.

The microCP's are the ideal practice platform actually. I'm sure you've crashed it more than once already. If a 450s blades scrapes anything solid, it'll break. If it hits anything solid, the entire frame will twist and you end up with broken tailbooms, stripped gears, bent shafts, etc.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hajile; Mar 08, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:08 PM
Joined Mar 2013
8 Posts
Hang on, but as the stick is being moved from left to center, would the movement that is being sent out from the TX also change the pitch of the blade accordingly? So the helicopter would center itself because of the stick movement. I'm pretty sure my 4CH doesn't have a built-in accelerometer but it still move the swashplate as the stick is being moved from left to center .
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:31 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,212 Posts
Your 4ch has a 45 degree flybar. It's like a seesaw that will have a strong tendency to level itself and your linkages causes the blades to follow that. A 45 degree flybar is the equivalent of a six axis gyro, a 90 degree flybar is a three axis gyro.

This is how a GeniusCP gyro works.

gyro GeniusCP (0 min 18 sec)

Notice how the swashplate tries to counter my movement and bring the helicopter back to level. If were to make it lean forward 45 degrees by pushing my cyclic forward, then the swashplate will only level if it's angled forward.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:48 AM
Joined Mar 2013
8 Posts
Right I get it now. Thanks.