Closed Thread
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:08 PM
I Am a Proud Registered User
United States, MA, Hamilton
Joined Sep 2012
219 Posts
Help!
HPI SC-15WP esc question

hi all, i have a question on this HPI esc does it have a drag brake? I've been hearing it does but no websites selling it, clarify this? I'm kinda in a rush too i just burnt out my old SC-15 on my mini trophy truck do to water damage.
thanks
mass flyer is offline Find More Posts by mass flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:01 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,506 Posts
Yes- it has a drag brake (I have the Wheely King, now converted to a trail truck). The manual is here and the info on how to program it is on page 33 and 34.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:19 PM
I Am a Proud Registered User
United States, MA, Hamilton
Joined Sep 2012
219 Posts
thanks and i have just one more question before closing this thread about drag brakes that i couldnt find out. can you set drags to 0%drag and then still work as a normal brake?
mass flyer is offline Find More Posts by mass flyer
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:59 AM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,506 Posts
I think with this ESC if you set the drag to 0% then the vehicle will just freewheel until it stops when you let off the trigger. Giving some reverse will slow it down quicker (I think).
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:40 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,879 Posts
Drag brake just effects how much brake is applied at neutral and has no effect on overall braking power. It's used a lot in racing when you need to trail brake into every corner, it's just easier to have the ESC do the work for you.

Some newer ESC's will do the opposite too to help a powerful motor freewheel/coast better by applying a tiny bit of forward power.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Closed Thread