HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
I'm flying my single engine MiG on 4S... The motor and five blade fan can easily handle 4S as the motor is underrated kv wise...You just need to be sure to go with a 10-12 amp ESC and at least a 30C battery..

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Have any of you tried to to run separate ailerons and elevators???...Does this plane feel as though it has separate ailerons/elevators with the stock control rod configuration???..Just concerned as the stock configuration seems to be unconventional...

Kevin
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Have any of you tried to to run separate ailerons and elevators???...Does this plane feel as though it has separate ailerons/elevators with the stock control rod configuration???..Just concerned as the stock configuration seems to be unconventional...

Kevin
I think if the elevators were full flying, then I would be a little more inclined to split them up. try the stock setup, you might like it.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
I think if the elevators were full flying, then I would be a little more inclined to split them up. try the stock setup, you might like it.
OK--Gotcha!!!...It just looks so weird!!!...Basically, this plane is being set up like a delta platform...Sure would be nice to use the "ailerons" on this model as flaps and cutout the ailerons in the wing and use micro servos to drive them...Maybe later down the road...

Kevin
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:26 PM
Joined Feb 2013
98 Posts
I bought the same plane today but I don't seem to understand how the delta works.
When I push my stick towards me, how is the servo supposed to move? Both servo move backwards?

What if both my servo moves in opposite direction when it should be the same directions? Which setting should I change? Totally noob in delta.
junjian is offline Find More Posts by junjian
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:25 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
455 Posts
Try different combinations of reversing the ailerons and elevators within the transmitter, with delta mixing active of course.
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Old Apr 04, 2013, 09:23 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
825 Posts
Anyone have a photo of the side of their F-15?? Looking for a picture of your linkage setup. I am using some different hardware (nothing supplied with just the airframe) and just need some reference to make sure I am on the right path. Going with elevators off the furthest out hole on the servo horn and the ailerons on the next one in. Then both clevis's at the furthest out on the control surface horns.?.

I guess the bigger question is what are the control surface extents being used...is it the 5mm each side for both elevator and ailerons? Or 5mm on the elevators and 3mm on the ailerons?

Thanks!
abjets is offline Find More Posts by abjets
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SA F-18 50MM Build