HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:31 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,889 Posts
I have heard and read that 250 size are hard to control yes.

But it'd be fun to try one out lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
I can't say I know a lot about the Novus other than what I read in the ads. As far as the 100 goes, the few pics indicate it is a fixed rotor bird so that means no indoor 3d stuff. Regarding the TRex 250, the guys at my LHS declare it a totally wild bird that is tough to control. I've never flown one.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:28 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Just for the heck of it, I took out the pod-and-boom CX3 for a bit of night flying in between the rain showers. It has been at least six months since I've flown this bird. I must admit it was nice taking it up again. It was perfectly behaved. I was quickly reminded that unlike the 450, this bird is affected by light winds. It was fun blowing off a lipo in the driveway. Eventhough it was dark outside, the nav lights made it easy to see the bird. Flying that bird brought back a lot of very good memories. I chuckled over the amount of things I just naturally knew to do with this bird compared to when I was first learning to fly it. Flying the 450 teaches you a lot.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:16 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,889 Posts
sounds like fun

mine is still MIA unfortunately.

the more i think about it - the more i realize i need a 450 - when i can afford it of course lol

Quote:
Just for the heck of it, I took out the pod-and-boom CX3 for a bit of night flying in between the rain showers. It has been at least six months since I've flown this bird. I must admit it was nice taking it up again. It was perfectly behaved. I was quickly reminded that unlike the 450, this bird is affected by light winds. It was fun blowing off a lipo in the driveway. Eventhough it was dark outside, the nav lights made it easy to see the bird. Flying that bird brought back a lot of very good memories. I chuckled over the amount of things I just naturally knew to do with this bird compared to when I was first learning to fly it. Flying the 450 teaches you a lot.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:08 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Raz, you broke 10,000!?!

You should get a metal
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:52 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,889 Posts
For being obsessed with Rcgroups perhaps.? Lol

Some ppp get on my case about it.
Jerks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
Raz, you broke 10,000!?!

You should get a metal
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:53 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
For being obsessed with Rcgroups perhaps.? Lol

Some ppp get on my case about it.
Jerks !
Gotta ask: what are 'ppp'?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:59 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,889 Posts
sorry should have read "ppl"for people

Quote:
Gotta ask: what are 'ppp'?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:12 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
I finally decided to get serious about charging these lipos. I have spent just a bit too much time waiting on these things to recharge. I can easily blow off four 2200 lipos in an hour with my bird. I then get to waste about four hours recharging them all. The solution? I've taken the bite for the FMA PL8 charger. When I get it set up, it should comfortable charge four lipos at 1C balanced, in the time I normally spend charging one. My lipos also support a 5C charge rate but the common wisdom is that if you boost the C rate, you shorten the life of the lipo. Since I am instinctively CHEAP, I will stick to 1C balanced to get the max life out of these very expensive (anything over $5.00 each) lipos.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:28 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,889 Posts
lol haha

I am also cheap and agree itsa good option Johnny!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:29 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Anybody awake in here? We had our first "snowfall" last night on the top of Mary Hill. More of a dusting than anything else.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:54 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,889 Posts
There has been a few flurries here and there, but nothing major yet
Anytime now!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:31 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Ours really hit today! It's been snowing all day, I love it!! I put the skis on my supercub so hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to use them
Old Nov 21, 2010, 06:43 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Anyone? Anyone? Blade CX3 with aluminum upgrades

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post16613296
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:19 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Far out! You get to play around with all that low temperature flying. So what are your plans for keeping your lipos warm this year? Still looking at some sort of foam blanket? I figure that may become an issue for you since these planks like to stay in the air for 10 to 15 minutes a flight. It has been right around freezing all day here. No more snow and the skies are clear for the moment. So far, the snow has stayed in the mountains where it is the happiest. I decided not to go out today and freeze my butt off with my bird. This weekend I picked up the Phoenix sim. Last week for some reason, my Real Flight just froze up and died in my laptop. I couldn't even re-install it from the CD. I am actually glad it happened. The Phoenix in my opinion is a far better simulator.

How are you coming with your Free Spirit FP?

Quote:
Ours really hit today! It's been snowing all day, I love it!! I put the skis on my supercub so hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to use them
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:38 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Quote:
How are you coming with your Free Spirit FP?
Not well

Not sure what's going on. I hadn't flown it in a while and tried it out again the other day. It wasn't the same and I can't remember what I had fiddled with last

It was just really uncontrollable, I tried for a bit and gave up before it broke or before I broke it

I have a confession to make.....I joined the redcatrampageforums.com and have been spending much time over there. I don't plan to fly helis in the cold this year when I have a 5th scale gas 4WD Monster truck to drive around in the snow

I am waiting for the lakes to freeze so that i can get my bigger planes back in the sky; of course, they'll have floats or skis for the snow