SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:03 PM
rwj
Joined Dec 2011
329 Posts
Mine came from philip a few days ago. He should still have them listed. I will look it up. all he had was blue one but special ord a red one for me.
rwj is offline Find More Posts by rwj
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:54 AM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Sorry... I think I ordered the last one a couple of days ago. MOnday it was on the site and I placed the order.
That makes sense, I'll just check it periodically to see if it's back up! This thing is soooo nice
F-86FLIER4LIFE is offline Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:12 PM
rwj
Joined Dec 2011
329 Posts
Has anyone posted pictures of running the servo wires in the wing?
rwj is offline Find More Posts by rwj
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:33 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,017 Posts
Well I ordered my 182 from PW-RC Sunday evening and had it delivered today! I was shocked that it only took five days to arrive from China. I did pay the extra $20 for EMS shipping and well worth it. The box was in perfect condition. I got the kit and was really pleased to find everything except servos and motor in the box. Even had the spinner and prop along with all the hardware to complete it. Very nice decals as well. It sure is a big bugger!. I thought the kit was just the foam and decals. Even the control surfaces are hinged and ready to go. Fabulous quality with excellent parts fit. I will surely do all the mods. I like the fact that you can install full size servos for the rear by just removing the mini servo mounting plate. Great idea and someone was thinking.

So now awaiting my lighting kit to arrive before I do final assembly as I'm sure to have to route wires etc. All in all just blown away with the quality of this kit and especially the service that PW-RC provides. I hope Phillip will stock more of these in a wider range of colors and all the spare parts to go with it. 9.5 out of 10. Lost 0.5 due to the wheel pants being a bit strange to install...... Picky heh!!
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:34 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwj View Post
Has anyone posted pictures of running the servo wires in the wing?
Just aft of the servo pockets, there is a removable strip of foam. Pull it out, you will see channel for servo wire, lites, etc.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:43 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Nov 2011
86 Posts
I have been thinking of getting this plan to use as a tug/tow plane to get some gliders in the air.
Do any of you guys thing this plane would be any good for this?

Obviously I would put a big motor (possibly a g46 or g60) in her and mg servos all round.
dandos23 is offline Find More Posts by dandos23
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:52 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandos23 View Post
I have been thinking of getting this plan to use as a tug/tow plane to get some gliders in the air.
Do any of you guys thing this plane would be any good for this?

Obviously I would put a big motor (possibly a g46 or g60) in her and mg servos all round.
Based on the weight and wing size. I think it would be fine. I'm installing the 650KV motor. Also have a 600KV which I'll try also.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:08 AM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Pics of the progress on my cessna. Nose gear steering servo installed, receiver and TM module in. I only have to deal with connecting rudder and nose gear steering servo with a Y and plugging in 4 extensions for the wings. Can't wait for the maiden.
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,017 Posts
Minmog.... I'm at the same stager as you. Just installed my steering yesterday. I decided to use a ball link on the servo so it can break away in an impact and hopefully save the servo. I'm running it on a separate channel so I can mix it to the rudder and have a high and low rate taxi for takeoff. I'm also installing a sound system that fits perfect inside the firewall box. Love the size and room in this bird.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:27 AM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Good idea on the ball link. I've got plenty of them from my helis. I ran out of channels otherwise I'd have the nose wheel on a separate channel as well. I will do it when I get my dx18
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,017 Posts
Anybody get the blue one? Just putting the decals on today and having a heck of a time due to the pics in the manual not being the same model. Also, the corrugated decal for control surfaces is the wrong width and does not account for the ridges on aileron or elevator. If you have one of the blue could you post a pic. Thanks. I think I will head off to lowes and get a latex paint color matched then finish with clear acrylic.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
For anyone wanting to upgrade the in my opinion useless wing spar that comes with the plane check out this cf tube.

www.cstsales.com

Carbon Fiber Tube
OD 0.375"
4 Ft Length
ID 0.290", weight 55.5 grams.   T524L4 $8.50

It's an exact fit but is over a foot longer supporting the wing far better and flexes instead of bending like the stock spar. This upgrade should eliminate the need to reinforce the wing strut mounts. I'll post pics of the new spar as soon as I get it.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:17 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,736 Posts
So many "modifications" and "upgrades" people are doing to this plane.

If it's built as directed and kept as light as possible with a 4000mah or less battery, none of these changes are really necessary. Save your time and money.

Wick some thin ca on the wing strut mounts - both on the wings and in the fuse. Do the same for the motor mount box and the nosewheel mounting box.

I've had mine over a year and logged 114 flights on it. It's built all stock with components supplied in the Hobbyking version. I've never had a problem and it continues it provide reliable and enjoyable flights.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Last edited by dbc; Apr 03, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:55 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,682 Posts
+1, dbc....same here!!
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:15 AM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
So many "modifications" and "upgrades" people are doing to this plane.

If it's built as directed and kept as light as possible with a 4000mah or less battery, none of these changes are really necessary. Save your time and money.

Wick some thin ca on the wing strut mounts - both on the wings and in the fuse. Do the same for the motor mount box and the nosewheel mounting box.

I've had mine over a year and logged 114 flights on it. It's built all stock with components supplied in the Hobbyking version. I've never had a problem and it continues it provide reliable and enjoyable flights.
I'm not in this hobby to save time or money. I'm in it to enjoy whatever it is I enjoy. In this case is taking a product and making it better or more like to my liking. To each their own. I got this plane to utilize a lot of electronics I simply had laying around... Yes believe or not I had 7 hs-81's kicking around and an hs-85mg, lol. I also had a the hacker motor and the ice 75 from a different plane that didn't survive an unfortunate landing.