HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2010, 11:33 AM
eastern long island
Joined Mar 2009
123 Posts
Discussion
help need a motor and drive system

ok so i have a old catamaran it is about 34 inches in length. it was a 2 stroke gas boat untill it got stolen from my grandpa but i got the hull back. so i need some recommendations of a motor and a drive system and prop for a catamaran that about 34 inches long motor mounts are not a problem i have access to a cnc.

im not to sure who makes the hull.
mr fixin it 66 is offline Find More Posts by mr fixin it 66
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2010, 12:06 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,916 Posts
Got some shots of what you have left? There aren't a lot of Cat manufacturers around so a quick guess would be that it's an Aeromarine, www.aeromarinerc.com . It would need a nitro engine around .45cc although you could go down to a .32.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jun 02, 2010, 10:21 PM
eastern long island
Joined Mar 2009
123 Posts
if i knew how to load a pic i would but i just mesurerd the boat with out the lid on the inside is 12 niches by 23 inches and the boat is 36 inches long.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 10:57 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,916 Posts
Uploading pictures is easy, you just have to know how to do it on this site.
Instead of using the normal reply box below, click on the "Go Advanced" and that will take you to another screen. Click on "Manage Attachments" then you upload from your computer there.
That's Remy from Aeromarine in the black shirt. I tried to get a good shot of him but that blond kept getting in the way. That's what I told my wife anyway. Just a sample shot.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jun 03, 2010, 03:23 PM
eastern long island
Joined Mar 2009
123 Posts
thanks for the help found out what i have now its a ''Team Believer''. what would be the most affordable way to get this boat running i have unlimited amounts of radio gear due to owing over 30 models in the last 12 years. from what i can tell all i need is to find the right prop, gas motor, and drive system. i have the rudder and the out drive bracket i even found a tank that fits perfectly into the spot where the original was.