HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:01 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Thanks PitchP
I just changed the servo back to an analog HXT500 servo from a digital one.It flew through a battery pack with no problem, but on the second battery pack I lost the tail and went into a spin, which resulted in a lite crash. On second thought it could be my esc, like you said. The esc has been acting somewhat funny lately, meaning that it seems to run batteries down quickly; it's a Turnigy Plush 25A. I do not know how to check these things, so it could possibly be the problem. One more thing, how long do you let your heli cool before running another battery pack? I'm running my packs 3 minutes and letting the heli cool for about 8 minutes before running another pack.
i got told 10 minutes and i've been following that ever since. I apply this for my 250s and 450s. And if it's a really hot day, let it cool down even more! PS i highly recommend a better tail servo. Just like this video of this guy with his 250. notice he has a state of the art tail servo, but he's using HXT900 on his cyclic. A setup like that will do you fine. The turnigy 306gHV would be good to try.

hb790 SKYA 250 (6 min 25 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:19 PM
Will work for JR/Spektrum
Sabin's Avatar
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,535 Posts
more slow progress: I just picked up a DX7 and a pitch guage yesterday, and set the radio up according to the initial post that CaptJac made.
Sabin is online now Find More Posts by Sabin
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:24 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
i got told 10 minutes and i've been following that ever since. I apply this for my 250s and 450s. And if it's a really hot day, let it cool down even more! PS i highly recommend a better tail servo. Just like this video of this guy with his 250. notice he has a state of the art tail servo, but he's using HXT900 on his cyclic. A setup like that will do you fine. The turnigy 306gHV would be good to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfzO8Gg52v8
Thanks
I greatly appreciate your help PitchP, I kinda thought that 8 minutes might be a tad too short, but I'm always in a rush to hit the skies; you know what I mean. I guess now I'll wait a little longer. I have more than one 250s', but this is my favorite, it flies so smoothly compared to the others. Well I guess I'm going to have to alternate between the two.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:00 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
anyone here happen to own this 250???
Another HK250GT Flight.wmv (1 min 22 sec)


I want to know where to get those skids from
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:36 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
I didn't read the bottom of your post and the first thing I thought was "I wonder who's landing gear are.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:57 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I got a bit crazy on one of my 250s tonight. I thought I load it up since I have no other 450 to try this on. I still need a few parts but I think it will work...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post23547627
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:00 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I got a bit crazy on one of my 250s tonight. I thought I load it up since I have no other 450 to try this on. I still need a few parts but I think it will work...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post23547627
wow! take your time on the build and let us know how you go efx
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:08 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Well pitchp, the physical builds are a becoming a bit easier for me, the programming is what's bugging me on this thing (flymentor), but I have been reading a bit more and will try to take it easy on that so I can hopefully make it work. There is a lot of stuff installed on the 250, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it anyway. I also figured these things get flicked away by the wind so easy I thought this may also help me keep it a bit more steady...who knows.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
wow! take your time on the build and let us know how you go efx
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Dec 17, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:52 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I usually don't let the heli cool down. I just change the battery and go again. Motor gets hot since it's for a 2s and esc a bit, but by the time I finish swapping batteries they seem fine. There's no way I'm going to sit there and wait 5 minutes for these things to cool off. A minute or two okay, that sounds reasonable, anything more I won't bother doing. It's been fine so far. I guess it all depends on the setup like what esc and motor you are using. I'm not sure I just test them as they are.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Thanks PitchP
I just changed the servo back to an analog HXT500 servo from a digital one.It flew through a battery pack with no problem, but on the second battery pack I lost the tail and went into a spin, which resulted in a lite crash. On second thought it could be my esc, like you said. The esc has been acting somewhat funny lately, meaning that it seems to run batteries down quickly; it's a Turnigy Plush 25A. I do not know how to check these things, so it could possibly be the problem. One more thing, how long do you let your heli cool before running another battery pack? I'm running my packs 4 minutes and letting the heli cool for about 8 minutes before running another pack.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:51 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I usually don't let the heli cool down. I just change the battery and go again. Motor gets hot since it's for a 2s and esc a bit, but by the time I finish swapping batteries they seem fine. There's no way I'm going to sit there and wait 5 minutes for these things to cool off. A minute or two okay, that sounds reasonable, anything more I won't bother doing. It's been fine so far. I guess it all depends on the setup like what esc and motor you are using. I'm not sure I just test them as they are.
You know efx I'm kinda thinking it's the esc, because I have two other 250s that I just change batteries and fly, with no real problems. These helis have Detrum esc's instead of Turnigy, I do have a spare Detrum esc which I plan to solder up and test today. I hate electrical problems because by time you find the source you've replaced the whole heli.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
You know what, double check those, because last time I check the detrum esc, I think they were just for airplanes. I may be wrong, but just make sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
You know efx I'm kinda thinking it's the esc, because I have two other 250s that I just change batteries and fly, with no real problems. These helis have Detrum esc's instead of Turnigy, I do have a spare Detrum esc which I plan to solder up and test today. I hate electrical problems because by time you find the source you've replaced the whole heli.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I asked the poster about them. He said the skids are from a wasp v3. In any case I just found this page with some other 250s and well, you can try some of the other parts from other 250s if you really want too.

http://parkrcmodels.com/index.php?cPath=35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
anyone here happen to own this 250???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbI1SZP25U

I want to know where to get those skids from
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:15 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I asked the poster about them. He said the skids are from a wasp v3. In any case I just found this page with some other 250s and well, you can try some of the other parts from other 250s if you really want too.

http://parkrcmodels.com/index.php?cPath=35
ah i see thank you efx
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:49 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
after over a month in waiting for delivery. I finally got my Turnigy 306G HV

pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:54 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
That's how long it took mine too and I just put one in that heli I'm putting the flymentor on. So far I'm not liking it. It's just too painful to get going. Anyway, enjoy the servo, so far I've had good luck with them. I know some people already broke a few, but I can't afford to do that. Anyway, I need to take a break, didn't get much sleep last night messing with this and today I've already spent way too much time trying to get that going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
after over a month in waiting for delivery. I finally got my Turnigy 306G HV

efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Nitroplanes Lander 70mm F9F Panther EDF Build Log and Review The Don Foamy EDFs 38 Jun 03, 2014 10:09 PM
Discussion Official HeliMax AXE CP Thread with pics post em here!!?.. darklyte24 Micro Helis 10603 Mar 27, 2014 06:49 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 05:42 AM
Discussion Build log or review for BulleT? raycsr Electric Sailplanes 3 Jan 30, 2009 01:03 PM
looking for build thread with upclose photos HIGHFLYER99 Foamies (Kits) 13 May 21, 2005 08:54 PM