HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2014, 10:57 AM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,437 Posts
Discussion
Aspire Electro from ICARE

http://www.icare-rc.com/aspire-e.htm

Looking for a moldie to fill out the contest fleet. Anyone have any good or bad to say about this aircraft? Build logs or tips? Did a search and came up empty.
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2014, 06:34 AM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,072 Posts
Personally no experience, but a clubmate who has an Aspire F3J and an electric Pike Perfect (or Perfection) is thinking of the Aspire-e as a money no object choice for f5j
scirocco is online now Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Jul 04, 2014, 07:49 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
Have One

Hi Guys,

Here is the Aspire Build Log from Larry Jolly on the Aspire-E.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1747989

I had Larry get an E-Fuse for me over the winter for my Aspire Disser. I can't tell you how much I love the way this thing flies. I also have a standard layup Aspire and to be honest, I can't much tell the difference between the two when in the air. It's expensive to set up, but man is it a nice plane when done. I also have a Pike Perfect that I converted to Electric and it files very nice too. I keep the Pike for my windy day ship and fly the Aspire for everything else.

I didn't use the same set-up as Larry did in his build. I used a Hacker B-40 Inrunner motor rather than the 20 Outrunner he used. I can run a 3-S battery for ALES competition, (200M in about 24-26 seconds) or a 4-S battery and make the Aspire scream to 200M in 11 or 12 seconds. I placed the battery tray under the CG and use different battery sizes as ballast if needed, rather than trying to keep a ballast tube in the plane and working around it with everything.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help.

Good luck in making your decision. You can't go wrong with the Aspire.

Murph (Paul Murphy)

The picture is of my 22 year old son holding the Aspire-E after his first flight with it last weekend. After a 20 second motor run he flew it to over 2,400 feet and at least a half mile down-range. It was getting very small..... Ha Ha Ha..... He got nervous and dove out of the lift and headed for home...... What a Great First Flight.
Paulbilbo91z9f is offline Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Old Jul 04, 2014, 08:17 AM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,437 Posts
Thank you Paul. Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this bird. Like I need another sailplane
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2014, 08:40 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
LOL I just tell myself I can never have Too Many!!!

Doesn't always work with the wife though.....
Paulbilbo91z9f is offline Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Old Jul 04, 2014, 10:49 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,789 Posts
I appreiate the interest in the Aspire.. It is a really nice model, and Lubos is one of the best guys around. I am sorry for the confusion with Icare.. Larry Jolly Model products is the US dealer for Aspires.. Ettienne is the Canadian dealer but he does like to send things across the border when he gets a chance.
I spoke to Lubos just a little while ago and he told me that Icare has a very limited supply of Aspires available... I have Lubos working on an order now and can add your glider to this order..
When you order from LJMP you get your custom color scheme.. Protective wing bags which are very nice, and the latest lay-up schedule.
Our price for the ST Espire is $1950.00.. For an Aspire F3J model $1950.00
E fuselages for Aspire are $400.00.
I have a few E fuselages in stock and can bring them to the Nats for any one interested.
Lubos could use some work so For the Month of July I am placing Aspires on sale.
If you order now You can have either version of the Aspire for $1900.00 and shipping is free in the USA..
This is your opportunity to fly one of these high quality , airframes and undrstand why Aspire pilots are so loyal ..
Many thanks for the space Larry Jolly larry.jolly.CA@aim.com ot ljolly@aol.com
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly