SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2014
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlthn View Post
I don't get it at all, why add more weight/drag to rotational parts?

If you are looking for stablier, more performance oriented bird then LESS weight on rotational parts is much better.
The trick is balance.
Agreed, even if the paddled fly bar is the same weight it will add drag because it does not pitch independently from the blades. The fisheye swashplate and carbon shaft make the V911 pro smoother but I don't notice any real difference in the sound between that, stock or the CNC swashplates (I currently have each of the three types on my V911 pros.

One thing that makes them much quieter, is to fly them without the canopy! I mean much quieter but the PCB is at risk if you crash it and it really puts them out of balance (it will take quite a bit of mechanical or electronic trim to stop the backward drift).

Has anyone experimented with some sort of light weight fibre in the canopy to stop the noise and vibration?

As long as it did not have a really low flashpoint you might be okay

Blue Skies
Hookit is offline Find More Posts by Hookit
Last edited by Hookit; Yesterday at 05:01 PM. Reason: bloody typos cos of the tablet!
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
I guess the cnc parts are more of a show and no go kinda thing. I haven't torn down a v911 yet but is there a link to a write up or manual on a v911 tear down and re build . I have a good amount of mechanical knowledge but haven't tinkered with little rc's. Since I don't know what's glued in or what's fragile on these v911's I wanted to have a write up on parts etc maybe tricks on what to do or what not to do, etc. what needs to be tight and what needs to have some slip. Thanks

Josh

PS I always thought a paddle flybar stabilize the heli more? Is this incorrect. I'm not to worried about outdoor use. Just precision, stick controls, etc. I don't have the biggest open indoor space
MustangLife is offline Find More Posts by MustangLife
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
Also does anyone know if anything fits from the v944 or v955. I know they both have a cooler vertical tail fin and the 944 has 2 braces that go from the landing skids to the tailboom. I'm sure helps with support and less likely to break a tail boom.

But I'm really curious is if or how hard it would be if the 944 or 955 canopy will fit the 911? I'm sure there's somebody with both helis in front of them that can chime in. I know the solo pro is lighter and will fit but doesn't nearly look as cool as the 944,955 does
MustangLife is offline Find More Posts by MustangLife
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Aug 2013
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I don't think that's right. And I think that the tail FET is probably faulty. If you are look at the board nose in, the FET and the solder points labeled M2+/- at the bottom LEFT are for the main motor. The FET at the Bottom Right, next to the pads M1+/-, is for the tail motor. If the trace the motor wires to the board, it will be obvious to you.
I finally got a chance to install a TAIL FET tonight, LOL! After I got it soldered on I powered it up and it flies great!

After I flew it around a couple minutes I decided to put the canopy on. When I picked it up I saw this funny looking little black spot inside the canopy. Further inspection revealed it to be the missing tail FET! It was so hot when it came off the board it actually melted into the canopy a bit and stuck there!
SLMcc is offline Find More Posts by SLMcc
Old Today, 01:51 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,427 Posts
So, something is still shorting, causing the FET to overheat. Mostly like candidate is motor wires. You should first examine the areas going in and out of the tail boom. The CF boom is sharp at the edges, and it could have stripped the isolation. Otherwise, pull the wires and checked the whole length. What about the tail motor? Is it getting too warm? Something in this tail section is shorting, I think.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad