HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2008, 04:40 PM
Poughquag, New York
Joined Aug 2007
4 Posts
Discussion
Honey Bee King II Spining

Ok,
I got for x-mas the Honey Bee King II with an airwolf retro kit. It was fun to build but after everything was put together, the heli keeps spinning counter-clock wise and I can not take off. I read the directions at least 10 times. I checked the tail blade direction-ok, I adjusted the pitch on the main blades so it would be less lift- didn't work, I made sure I have full throw for tail blade pitch-ok, belt binding-good, tried with gyro disconnected- same,what is wrong? The specs say that the tail blades are 130mm. Should I try bigger ones?
Anyone out there have any ideas?
Tom
TomC203 is offline Find More Posts by TomC203
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:48 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Electric Heli Talk
Discussion of Larger Electric RC Helicopters.
Spidious is offline Find More Posts by Spidious
Old Jun 23, 2008, 07:07 AM
Your attitude is your alt
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Tom did you test fly it prior to installing the new Airwolf body? If not was it a pre-built King or did you build it? I ask these questions because there is a chance your tail servo is setup backwards. To do a simple test power your heli up and be sure the throttle is off. Pick up your heli and holding it in front of you with nose pointing to your left tail to right, push the tail away from you while looking at the pitch slider. As you push the tail away the slider should come towards you, pulling the tail towards you the tail pitch slider should move away from you.
If it does just the opposite of what I just described, reverse the rudder channel, channel 4. Now repeat the test to be sure it's working correctly.
Now, place the heli on the ground, give full left stick, the tail pitch slider should go to the right and full right stick, the tail pitch slider should go to the left. If it's backwards you have to reverse the servo direction or of you have a gyro with a reversing switch you can try reversing the gyro direction first.

Once you do these two tests you'll know if you have the mechanical setup working correctly. Now it's just a matter of tweaking the tail pitch so it will hold in a hover. This is done my moving the servo on the tail boom back and forth until you can get a steady hover with little to no drift of the tail. If your Honey Bee King won't do these simple tests you either have a defective servo, gyro, or setup problem.
Good Luck!

Gary
Gary Morris is offline Find More Posts by Gary Morris
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:57 PM
San Carlos, California, United States
Joined May 2002
7,640 Posts
If you look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476170

You willl see that HB King threads belong in the micro heli forum.
If you post there, more people who have a King will see your message, and you are more likely to receive help.

Toshi
TMorita is offline Find More Posts by TMorita
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:29 AM
Poughquag, New York
Joined Aug 2007
4 Posts
Gary,
Thanks for some ideas. I tried what you said and I still have the same results. I verified that the servo and linkage are free and working properly. I think I have the belt tension correct. It is so weird. I have acouple of other electric helis but this is my first belt driven tail rotor Please if you have any other ideas please let me know. I am dying to fly this.
Tom
TomC203 is offline Find More Posts by TomC203
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:20 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
If you look AND post in the correct forum you will find info and get answers fasters.

Plus when OTHERS are looking they can find the correct info too.

Just a hint,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FB
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk