HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2014, 09:12 AM
Northglenn (Denver), Colorado
Joined Dec 2006
67 Posts
Gallery
Photo's from WattsOverOwatonna - Friday's flying

Good flying today (Friday) with a few incidents. After a rainy start 'early' in the morning and it was the windy most of the day.
If you see a good picture that you would like a full size copy - let me know the photo number and I'll email it to you

Something wrong here. I'm trying to upload 59 pictures (under 300kb file size) and it will only let me upload 3 pictures at a time.

Gotta get out to the RC air field to capture some action shots of today's flying
More later
hotcross is offline Find More Posts by hotcross
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2014, 07:02 PM
Left, NO your other left!
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Jun 2008
792 Posts
Thanks for posting these.
-Andrew
weathervane is offline Find More Posts by weathervane
Old Jul 28, 2014, 09:07 AM
Super Cub fan
United States, IL, De Land
Joined Jul 2003
673 Posts
Who's RV-4 was that? That makes me sad as I love that plane. Wonder if he would be willing to sell the wings as mine got crushed while mine were in storage last winter.
RAFguy is offline Find More Posts by RAFguy
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:46 AM
United States, MN, Elk River
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
I felt bad for him too. It was his favorite plane and they don't make them anymore.
Bipesexual is offline Find More Posts by Bipesexual
Old Jul 28, 2014, 03:30 PM
Team Harrier
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Mar 2013
75 Posts
i saw meee yay
Benjamin Kies is offline Find More Posts by Benjamin Kies
Old Jul 28, 2014, 09:56 PM
Super Cub fan
Joined Jul 2003
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipesexual View Post
I felt bad for him too. It was his favorite plane and they don't make them anymore.
It looks like just the fuse and cowl of the airframe is bad, I have rebuilt worst. I think Great Planes through Tower still has fuse parts and cowls.

I have a brand new one in the box, was recovering the model into a different scheme and had the tail feathers and wings done. Walked into my shop one day to find my shelves had fallen on the wings and crushed them. When I get the ambition I'll rebuild the wings.
Old Aug 01, 2014, 05:24 PM
United States, MN, New Hope
Joined Sep 2010
10 Posts
That was my RV-4 guys. Very bummed after that crash because if was one of my favorite flying planes. Even the wings took a pretty bad hit. I grabbed all the electronics out of it and the eFlite Power 110 motor and the Castle Ice 100 Amp speed control are still good (along with all the servos, receiver, etc.). Sorry to say the frame and wings went into the dumpster at the field.
I'm now looking for a new airframe to put the electronics into. Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for all the help to everyone that helped me pick up the pieces.
FreiGuy is offline Find More Posts by FreiGuy
Old Aug 02, 2014, 08:03 AM
Super Cub fan
Joined Jul 2003
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreiGuy View Post
That was my RV-4 guys. Very bummed after that crash because if was one of my favorite flying planes. Even the wings took a pretty bad hit. I grabbed all the electronics out of it and the eFlite Power 110 motor and the Castle Ice 100 Amp speed control are still good (along with all the servos, receiver, etc.). Sorry to say the frame and wings went into the dumpster at the field.
I'm now looking for a new airframe to put the electronics into. Suggestions are welcome.
Very sorry about your crash, the RV-4 is one of my favorites as well. I have a new airframe but my wings need some work thanks to shelving falling on them. Keep the faith, Great Planes may re-issue it at a later date. They have done that with giant ARFs such as the P-6 Hawk.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 08:54 AM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
FrieGuy, I put that exact setup into a Seagull 90 sized yak 54, and I love it...it's a blast to fly. You might want some stronger servos than what you probably used in the RV4 though.
drakison is offline Find More Posts by drakison
Old Aug 23, 2014, 03:21 PM
United States, MN, Elk River
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreiGuy View Post
What would be the difference between the rv-8 and the 4? Slipstream makes an rv-8. http://store.aztechaeromodels.com/st...&product_id=55
Bipesexual is offline Find More Posts by Bipesexual