HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:35 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,070 Posts
Discussion
Help me choose.

Alright guys. I need to start by saying I am a self admitted foam snob... I prefer to fly composite and or built up planes...

That being said I have in the past had "fun" planes which of course were foam, cheap, and in my mind sort of "throw aways" granted, it never really was a throw away, simply that I didn't care for it as much as my composites.

That being said, I am working on a new Idea. I would prefer not to mention the Idea as many of you have "flamed" the (flaming) topic in the past....

So, I am looking for a fairly inexpensive simple jet. 70mm-90mm, foam or cheap composite (like HK cheap... composite)

I dont need it to be screaming fast, nor crazy aerobatic. I would however like to have enough internal room to fit a few extra components... So it can't be as crammed as most of my others. This being said, it also can't be obese from the get go... It really needs to be able to take on an extra 200+ grams easily without fuss.

Would prefer retracts and flaps, however I can settle fixed gear.

Truth be told, I was actually thinking about giving the HK "Fire Phoenix" a shot considering it is decent size, has a huge wing, and appears to have a bit of extra space on board. It has full flying stabs, which means excessive authority for landing, which then allows one to utilize the ailerons as flaperons to slow her down even more... However, I then ran across the yet to be release Stinger 90, which looks to be an Ideal candidate, except for the abnoxiously high price tag for what will otherwise be a gag-type aircraft.

Any Ideas fellas?

Thanks in advance!
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Last edited by Jwmflying14; Sep 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2014, 07:24 PM
United States, OK, Beggs
Joined Jun 2014
80 Posts
durafly zephyr ?
buildingbuddy is offline Find More Posts by buildingbuddy
Old Sep 01, 2014, 11:39 AM
Hank Hearon
United States, NJ, Middle Township
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
Ck out motionrc The FREEWING foam jets are out of site!!!!
jerseyhank is offline Find More Posts by jerseyhank