SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2014, 06:45 PM
Jason KD0ZEQ
United States, CO, Snowmass
Joined Nov 2012
229 Posts
With the Taranis you need to decide what switches you want to use for the modes of the MFD. Im pretty sure it is channels 5 and 6 for the MFD. For me I'm using switch SA for CH.5 and SB for channel 6. They are both 3 position switches however you can set it up however you want . You need to assign your switches that you would like to use to channel 5 and 6 in the input page of Taranis. Then go to the mixer page and for channels 5 and 6 you need to asign your switch positions. If you want more info on programming Tarranis i would recommend the ginormous Taranis Radio forum as there are lots of helpful people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh312b View Post
I am having a problem with my MFD AP, I don't know if it is my Radio of just me. I am using a Taranis X9D and I am having a hard time programing the tree position switch to act like a two position switch, if anyone can help this would be great.
Dubjay is online now Find More Posts by Dubjay
Last edited by Dubjay; Oct 22, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Defender of FPV
Joined Jun 2014
5 Posts
Thanks for the help, I was trying to use a 3 pos switch as a 2 pos switch, because the 2 pos sw on the radio was already used by the thr safety cut off. I decided to move that to some other sw and used the 2 and 3 pos sw on the top left as my ch5 and ch6 and it worked.
now I just need to figure out why my 1.3 Ghz Vtx keeps shutting of my AP. I have checked all the wires and the they are routed and pluged into the right pins. My 5.8Ghz one works just fine. I guess I just can't go to far out on my flight.
msh312b is offline Find More Posts by msh312b
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM
Jason KD0ZEQ
Joined Nov 2012
229 Posts
^^ Do you have a voltage regulator for your Vtx. ? What is the voltage rated at for your Vtx? Are you on 3s- 4s lipo?
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Jason KD0ZEQ
Joined Nov 2012
229 Posts
I know with 1.3Vtx they are often 12v and you need a regulator or step down depending on your power setup. If not you will most likely have problems with video as they are sensitive to having around 12v all the time.. 5.8 Vtx are often 2-4s or even 6s so regulator not as big of a deal.
Old Today, 08:25 AM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,396 Posts
Quick question
I have an X6 wing and having probs getting the servos to work correctly
I've obviously wired them up wrong because I have one moving up and down on the aileron and the other only moves on the elevator
I have the MFD AP set as the X6 so thought it would do all the mixing
Any clues guys ??
Cheers
PS, All other switches and throttle works perfectly
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Today, 08:31 AM
Russia, Saint Petersburg, SPB
Joined May 2013
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
Quick question
I've obviously wired them up wrong because I have one moving up and down on the aileron and the other only moves on the elevator
Any clues guys ??
Cheers
make sure that PLANE TYPE is WING. In plane settings. maybe it does the trick. It looks like know you got classic type. without mixing.
reedevil is online now Find More Posts by reedevil
Old Today, 08:33 AM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
Quick question
Any clues guys ??
Cheers
Try swapping channels and/or play with the servo reverse settings
3DMON is online now Find More Posts by 3DMON
Old Today, 08:57 AM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedevil View Post
make sure that PLANE TYPE is WING. In plane settings. maybe it does the trick. It looks like know you got classic type. without mixing.
Sorted thanks
I had the plane type as NORMAL
Switched to WING and all working fine
Thanks
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Today, 10:18 AM
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
hi guys:
I have this ap and it work very fine, only a few adjustments and work fine.
But i have a problem, i try to insert the waypoints with droidplanner and nothing happens in osd, anyone know the procedure exact to load the waypoints to osd?
Thank you
Jimmy_Dumm is online now Find More Posts by Jimmy_Dumm