HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:53 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
So frustrating!! I'm trying to change my tail blade grips but the little tiny screws appear to be stripped and I can't get them out so I can't remove the blade grips. I guess I'm going to have to buy a whole new tail shaft which is absurd. Anyone else run into this issue??
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:59 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
airborne crappy thing

if i only know i never change the set up of my tail servo.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:24 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
I just ordered the weighted micro heli tail shaft/grips along with the micro heli tail pitch slider. I couldn't get the stock grips off because of the ridiculously soft screws they used in there.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:08 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I just ordered the weighted micro heli tail shaft/grips along with the micro heli tail pitch slider. I couldn't get the stock grips off because of the ridiculously soft screws they used in there.
I bought both the Lynx & Microheli tail shaft/hub. WOW they are perfect square & took care of the tail vib. BOTH tail shafts are soft. The MH is worse. I bent them both on first soft crash on a the grass!
Careful pushing that MH tail hafts through the bearings as you could bend it even before the flight If you happen to bend it, you could re-straighten it back with just your fingers using same (one) hand to see what I mean.
The Lynx is a bit harder steel.
I end up buying a few of the stock shafts for my two 130s, then check & and see that has the least or no vibration. Both 130s now has solid tails. Hope they will last long.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Dec 08, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
here is mine :)

This is my 130 X
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:23 PM
United Kingdom, Glos
Joined Feb 2009
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlostomasso View Post
This is my 130 X
Are you being truthful, we haven't had weather in the UK like this for ages
FrankS is online now Find More Posts by FrankS
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
Are you being truthful, we haven't had weather in the UK like this for ages
Well yes, this was taken two weeks ago, and We had even yesterday weather like this

Tomas London
Going to fly my edge540QQ tomorrow am, hope to have time tonight to change my main gear & skids on the 130X so I can flick her a bit around
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:22 AM
Flying with a "higher power"
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Dec 2004
423 Posts
Blade 130x metal Tail Gears?

I was at a hobby shop in LA this weekend and one of the knowledgeable people there said there is an after market metal tail gear set you can order online. Any one know where to get these?
rarner is offline Find More Posts by rarner
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Cnc upgrades

Microheli.com
Lynx.com
Rakon heli.com
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:33 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
My heli's

My heli hangar
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
Haway the lads!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
So frustrating!! I'm trying to change my tail blade grips but the little tiny screws appear to be stripped and I can't get them out so I can't remove the blade grips. I guess I'm going to have to buy a whole new tail shaft which is absurd. Anyone else run into this issue??
Yep, I concur. I am having the same issues with the soft screws. I want to change the tail shaft but like you am having difficulty removing the blade grips.
warrenx is offline Find More Posts by warrenx
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenx View Post
Yep, I concur. I am having the same issues with the soft screws. I want to change the tail shaft but like you am having difficulty removing the blade grips.
I couldn't get the grips off. I gave up and ordered a whole new tail from MH.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarner View Post
I was at a hobby shop in LA this weekend and one of the knowledgeable people there said there is an after market metal tail gear set you can order online. Any one know where to get these?
There's a thread on HeliFreak about it:

http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=50

The web pages are in Chinese. I just ended up emailing airbase and asking how much it would be (airbase10@yahoo.com)

They're a bit pricey, though. Here's what I paid for 2 sets:

New Black metal C & D gear (2 sets) = 38USD
EMS Express delivery shipping (3~4 days) USA= 14USD
4.2% handling charge for Paypal = 2.18USD
Total = 54.18USD
Airbase paypal account is: paypal@airbase.tw

I already lost one C gear in a crash - popped off when the tail boom shifted. Should have CA'd it onto the TT.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:50 PM
Flying with a "higher power"
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Dec 2004
423 Posts
Thanks for the replies, but none of these suppliers carry the Blade 130X metal tail gears?

Microheli.com
Lynx.com
Rakon heli.com

Airbase has none in stock until 12/18/12 at the earliest :-(

Jboy90277 how do you like the metal tail gears for the Blade 130x? Has it caused more torque tube failures or other failures in the tail assembly?
rarner is offline Find More Posts by rarner
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarner View Post
Thanks for the replies, but none of these suppliers carry the Blade 130X metal tail gears?

Microheli.com
Lynx.com
Rakon heli.com

Airbase has none in stock until 12/18/12 at the earliest :-(

Jboy90277 how do you like the metal tail gears for the Blade 130x? Has it caused more torque tube failures or other failures in the tail assembly?
I like them, but if there's a problem with the tail setup, they just transfer the failure to another part of the heli.

On one of my 130Xs, I had put on the metal C gear and left the stock D gear. After stripping out 2 D gears in a row trying to isolate the source of some tail vibrations, I put in the metal D gear. Both metal gears held and helped me find out what the source of the problem was. It turns out I must have bent the tail spindle pushing it in - couldn't spot it with the naked eye. I know this was the problem because part of the spindle sheared off and flew across the room with the tail rotor assembly. I replaced the spindle and everything was perfect afterwards.

No problems with the TT so far. I'm going to CA the C gear onto the TT in the future - already lost one metal C gear when the tail boom popped loose in a crash.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277