HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:46 AM
Joined Oct 2008
207 Posts
Discussion
Sapac America Launched new Website

Sapac America just launched new website with enhanced features.

www.sapacamerica.com
Sapacbill is offline Find More Posts by Sapacbill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:01 PM
DqP
Alert5 RC International
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2009
170 Posts
Just curious. Is anyone having a problem getting to the new site?

I found out that since the store part of the site had to be directed to the old site (temporarily until the new store is launched), when you type www.sapacamerica.com, it just goes automatically goes to the old site "shop.sapacamerica.com" and you may not even see the new one. This is because your browser is storing the old cookies. If this is happening to you, Just delete all the "shop.sapacamerica.com" cookies. This can be done the following ways:

on Safari > Preferences> Security > Show cookies > type "sapac" in search box and delete all the ones that show up. should be a dozen or so "shop.sapacamerica.com" > restart Safari

On Firefox > Preferences > Privacy >pull down to "Use Custom Settings for History" > Show cookies > type "shop.sapacamerica.com" in search box and delete all the ones that show up. should be a dozen or so "shop.sapacamerica.com". > restart Firefox.

On Chrome > Options > Under the Hood > Show Cookies and other site data > search "sapac" and find "shop.sapacamerica.com" >Choose remove all > restart Chrome

On IE > Tools > Internet Options > General Tab > under browsing history - Delete button > make sure all are unchecked but "Cookies" are checked. > Delete > restart IE

New Store will be launched very soon!

- Dan
DqP is offline Find More Posts by DqP
Old Jan 24, 2011, 08:22 PM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
USA, OH, Mt Vernon
Joined Mar 2007
1,373 Posts
Not having any trouble getting to the website.

What I am having trouble with is a plane I bought recently. It's the Yak 3D Orange. Found the plane in the "receiver ready" section. It reads in the description that the plane is "prehinged" and it "requires only final assembly".

These statements led me to believe that the servos, motor and esc were installed. That the control surfaces were attached and that I might have to glue on the wings and tail and go fly. That's "why" I bought the plane.

Can you do anything to change my first impression of Sapac?
eatmydirt is offline Find More Posts by eatmydirt
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:43 AM
DqP
Alert5 RC International
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2009
170 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. Typically, we offer two types, ARF and RR. Those kits denote what components are included with the kit.

If you normally have experience with foam kits, like our F-16, you are correct, the servos are pre-installed. This is mainly because it's really tough to access inside a foam fuse. In this case you would just glue on the wings, tail and add your receiver. Still, we refer to it as RR (receiver ready).

With our RR balsa kits, electronics are typically not installed. We are working on kits that have the electronics pre-installed but that would be referred to as BNF (Bind and Fly) version like Parkzone or Eflite.

Still, the assembly of the Yak3D is a very straight forward and easy build. Since it's open and rather quick assemble, you should be able to get it flying in short order. However, just give us a call if you have any question or need some help or direction on the assembly, we'll certainly do what we can to help.

- Dan
DqP is offline Find More Posts by DqP
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:57 PM
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2004
235 Posts
Manual for Sapac TL-2000?

I purchased a Sapac TL-2000 a while ago from somebody on this forum. We were in the middle of moving and I didn't even bother opening the package until now and the manual appears to be missing. I see that many of the manuals are available on the Sapac America page, but the TL-2000 says "coming soon". Is there any way to get a soft copy of this manual?

Thanks,
Dave
rcfun33 is offline Find More Posts by rcfun33
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:02 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,364 Posts
Who Will be Backing Up the Sapac Products on the Market Guys????? I thought it was in transition from my understanding ..not closing!!! The web site is down now... I dont get it?? So us guys with Sapac Products out here are just Dupped???
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:14 AM
Joined Dec 2008
23 Posts
What's up with Sapac America

Does anyone know what happened to Sapac America? I had bought from them and thought that they were good to deal with, just short of close to get back to customers on customer service.

Thanks
David
davidweisscp is offline Find More Posts by davidweisscp
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:02 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,136 Posts
out of business.
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:19 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,040 Posts
The owner retired. A new company with a new name will pick take the reins sometime soon.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:26 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
The owner retired. A new company with a new name will pick take the reins sometime soon.
I'll believe it when I see it!! Lot's of people upset about this... wish someone would just stand up and speak!! People need warranty info,parts etc..etc..
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:27 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,136 Posts
I need that Jas 39.... C##$$%%^&**(()
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:31 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
I'll believe it when I see it!! Lot's of people upset about this... wish someone would just stand up and speak!! People need warranty info,parts etc..etc..
See it, believe it ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=12

Quote:
The scoop on SAPAC.
Mike Fallon is retiring with his company. Part of the original team will transition to a new company called Alert5 RC. We will focus on innovation and design. We will also support legacy SAPAC products.
The new company is Alert5: http://www.facebook.com/Alert5RC?sk=wall
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:04 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
That is Old Old Old news, no one is steping up ..I say it again..I'll believe it when I see it!! If the Sapac line of Jets disappear..dont go into shock friend!!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,136 Posts
Zacattack,

I thought they had better QC than HET? hmmmmmmmm moment?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:40 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
That is Old Old Old news, no one is steping up ..I say it again..I'll believe it when I see it!! If the Sapac line of Jets disappear..dont go into shock friend!!
Then I guess you're SOL