HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:51 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,839 Posts
I've got the stern worked in today, and have started working up the bow where it needs to be.

Oh by the way does any one need to clean out there spring clamp collection, I could use about 10 more, so this could go a little faster, lots of area to glue but not enough clamps.
ropanach is offline Find More Posts by ropanach
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:29 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,839 Posts
I've got the bulkwalks set, dry fitting the bowsprit, makeing sure that all is good before I start fairing the hull out.
Last edited by ropanach; Apr 02, 2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 06:35 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,839 Posts
Ordered some hardwear fore the Wawona today, from www.scalehardware.com/miniature-rivets-c-10
Hope there close to what I need, my metric's ant so good.
Last edited by ropanach; Apr 02, 2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 08:11 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,839 Posts
so far I've got the bulkwalks on, got the hull faired out, need to start setting in some ballards, witch will go through the decks, need to set in recivers for the masts, need to, need to ,need toooooo. ETC. you know how it goe's
Old Apr 06, 2010, 08:42 PM
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
Joined Jul 2007
68 Posts
Oh by the way does any one need to clean out there spring clamp collection, I could use about 10 more, so this could go a little faster, lots of area to glue but not enough clamps.[/QUOTE]

Haven't you heard? You will never have enough clamps - let alone too many
She's looking really great!

Cheers
CptGuy
CPTGUY is online now Find More Posts by CPTGUY
Old Apr 06, 2010, 08:43 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,583 Posts
this is very,very nice
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Apr 06, 2010, 08:55 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,839 Posts
CPTGUY:
you are sooo right, you never have enough clamps, and if you do you they are to small or to big

Schrott:
thanks. it's a lot of work, but a lot of fun
Old Apr 07, 2010, 12:40 AM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,317 Posts
Looking good...
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Apr 07, 2010, 11:45 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropanach View Post
so far I've got the bulkwalks on, got the hull faired out, need to start setting in some ballards, witch will go through the decks, need to set in recivers for the masts, need to, need to ,need toooooo. ETC. you know how it goe's
Hee hee, yep. this is about the time where I start semi-detail planning the next steps on paper... with so many little things to do before the deck goes on, sometimes it is hard to decide what to actually work on to keep the project moving.

"Build cards", index card checklists, basically, help when scratch building!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Apr 08, 2010, 06:58 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,839 Posts
I tend to take the multipal items first, then move from bow to stern, checking and rechecking all that need to be in stalled, then i place the decking, and check agian, It helps to have a deck plan you can look stright down at, in scale so you don't miss any thing.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:54 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,839 Posts
I've done a dry fit of the mast sets, makeing sure all is were it should be, some how I got it right, I cut some mohogany blocks 2-1/4" x 2" x 2" and drilled them to fit the 3/4' mast stock bevaled the bottoms so they would fit snug into the hull, cut a 3/8" rabbitt joint into the bottoms to fit over the keel. It should hold quite well, I hope, the masts will be pulling on the keel,and deck on a side run, and they will be pushing into the ribs for a down wind run, I'll need to install some good rigging to hold it all, don't need to be snapping masts of at the deck line.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:38 AM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,317 Posts
Blocks look like they should do the job.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 06:38 PM
Dragon Slayer
Shelton,WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,839 Posts
Millertime:

Yes they should do the job, I hope, there will be alot of pressure from all directions, down is the one I fear the most, I built a Boston day sailor about 10 years ago that the mast punched through the bottom, I didn't think about the down pressure that was being apllied to the hull, all I worried about was side pressuer, I think these will give a good foot print on the hull, and the mast sets 1/8" above the keel, so it should work ( fingers crossed )
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:50 AM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,317 Posts
Are the mast going to be removable? If so you might want to use brass sleeves, the wood will swell and be hard to remove.