HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 09, 2006, 08:32 PM
modest-master
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Copyright infringement. It is temporarily hidden while modest-master edits it.
Old May 10, 2006, 12:30 AM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2001
1,683 Posts
Well, they look nice but they're built with flaps so they can't fly in RES contests. Oh well, they'll be good sport ships, I guess.
georgeg is online now Find More Posts by georgeg
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2006, 03:44 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Res

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
Well, they look nice but they're built with flaps so they can't fly in RES contests. Oh well, they'll be good sport ships, I guess.

So! Then Build one W/out
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Old May 10, 2006, 06:30 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,544 Posts
MM,
I looked over your post, and do not want to ask a really dumb question. Why the devil did you build the 600 at 80+ inch wingspan so it cannot be flown in 2M contests? Between the flaps and that, it really seems that someone kind of blew it. The ships look very nice, but minor details will hinder the sales of the ships I would think.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old May 10, 2006, 10:06 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
2,715 Posts
I wonder if there are copyright issues seeing as there is the fellow who bought all the old Airtronics kits from DCH trying to get the line back in production.

Mark
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Old May 10, 2006, 10:52 AM
AKA - The "Flywheel"
SOAR Chicago!!!
Joined Jan 2005
1,876 Posts
The 900 is at 105 inches too, little big for standard class. I wonder if that is the span before the dihiedral/polyhiedral is figured in?

Steve
StevenatorLTFO is offline Find More Posts by StevenatorLTFO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Supra Vertical Stab and Rudder
Old May 10, 2006, 03:55 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,544 Posts
Mark,
You may be right, I do not know...Cause they look like they are made well and the general look is great. Would make a nice first poly ship maybe.

Marc
Old May 10, 2006, 09:32 PM
Joined Aug 2005
8 Posts
illegal copies

These are illegal copies, Aerosphere owns the rights for the Sagitta 600 and Sagitta 900 and the Sagitta XC

From what I've read about ESPRIT models here in rcgroups, this is par for the course.
justflewin is offline Find More Posts by justflewin
Old May 10, 2006, 10:32 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,762 Posts
Look OUT!!!!

Remember the BoT? It looked really nice, but where the rubber met the road... er... the wing met the winch, there wasn't much substance there...

See Ya...

Jack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old May 10, 2006, 10:38 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,544 Posts
Who is Aerosphere??? Do they have a website up or such?
Old May 10, 2006, 11:01 PM
Thunder Bay, Canada
Joined Aug 2004
451 Posts
Try this, Aerosphere.
tw126a is offline Find More Posts by tw126a
Old May 10, 2006, 11:30 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Who is Aerosphere??? Do they have a website up or such?
They have a website but no products to sell - at least yet.
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old May 11, 2006, 05:13 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,544 Posts
Interesting, we have been wondering who ole Roy stuck this stuff with, all of us back here were beginning to think it had dissappeared for good. Some very good designs, just cannot imagine there is enough money to have invested what they probably have in all this. Their mountain is tall, hopefully they will summit.
Old May 11, 2006, 09:57 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
2,715 Posts
As you might imagine, this is of interest to me as I hold copyrights on some old time designs that I am either selling or developing into kit form. It is our only protection from others knocking off designs which of course they have no right to do. I go to great lengths to make sure I have the proper copyrights or permissions to the designs I intend to sell. Aerosphere has done the same due diligence.

I have looked into having the kits made by others in other countries but I am scared to death of them being knocked off as I have seen happen to others. Look at the Chinese knockoff of the Multiplex Twin Jet or all of the flying Hydrofoils that were first designed by a guy here in the States. I hate to see it happen to any fine upstanding person. I include Bill from Aerosphere in that group.

Mark Miller
Isthmus Models
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Last edited by Mark Miller; May 11, 2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old May 12, 2006, 06:25 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,544 Posts
How ever you want to define property, land, ideas, things, seem to be just a nuance to some more defined by where they live than what they are trespassing.

I had thought once long ago about a kit business and such, glad I did not go there.

Marc
Closed Thread