HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2002, 01:49 AM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Jul 2001
126 Posts
Dare Shoestring

I picked up a a couple of Dare kits which were on sale not too long ago, one of which is the shoestring.

Although the quality of the kit is outstanding, the instructions leave a little bit to be desired.

Specifically, the insructions call for building a jig which is used to add dihedral to the wings. Although this seems simple enough, it's not entirely clear to me how the pieces of the jig go together.

If anyone has built this plane, can they give me a rough approximation of the dihedral (inches, mm, etc. would be fine)?

Regards,
Rooster
Rooster287 is offline Find More Posts by Rooster287
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2002, 03:00 AM
myspace.com/graehl
Joined Mar 2001
403 Posts
ahd the same exact problems with the directions

i just set it aside because i didn't know what to do

terrible instructions for the wing jigs

reading about washout and dihedril on the ezone and other places i decided to give the wing another try

this time without the directions

basicly i just added an inch of dihedril to each side than about(not sure how much exactly how much) 1/4-1/2 of washout to the wing

i'm not sure how to explain how to do it but i would suggest ditch the instructions and try it yourself

i;m not sure i answered you question but though i would let you know i had a problem with the jigs too

my shoestring is still not finished- lots interest with building it
i hate building DARE SHOESTRING

i don't know about the other kits offered but this kit requires alot more work AND READING of the instructions than i prefer for a small simple plane

it seems like a regular guy who has built the same plane over and over and over wrote the directions leaving out some major points that a first time builder of the kit would need to know

kits like great planes and dyniflight do a better job at more detailed instructions and pay close attention in steps where the avarage guy would struggle -like the wing jigs

just venting
Kevin Graehl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Graehl