HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2014, 04:53 AM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Jun 2014
40 Posts
Hey, I'll post a picture when I'm home again.

I took a lot of care not to connect the 7105 when programming it, so it should not be fried.

Yes, I used that diagram, and the raw 12v from the 9xr goes to that corner raw connector on the Promini.

I'm puzzled by the 1.8v that I'm measuring though?
Xoliul is online now Find More Posts by Xoliul
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2014, 06:56 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
My only guess there is that you have a bad regulator on the promini, I usually flash my arduinos with the "blink" example sketch when I want to check the chip is working.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 13, 2014, 09:19 AM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Jun 2014
40 Posts
That sounds like a good idea, where can i get that one?
I have no experience at all with Arduino's, all i've done is flash the hex from midelic.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 05:16 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
Sorry for not replying sooner, Blink is one of the example sketches in the arduino programming application.

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Once this is installed on your pc, you can find blink through the file tab, on you can get it from this video.

Arduino: Lesson 1 - Blinking an LED:
Arduino: Lesson 1 - Blinking an LED (2 min 20 sec)

For your board you will need to click, tools, board; select pro-mini 3.3v 8Mhz (yes your are using a 5v programmer but the board default voltage and crystal speed are what is important) also through the tools tab, you need to tell the program you are using a usbasp for upload.

Don't forget to remove the 7105.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 16, 2014, 02:12 AM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Jun 2014
40 Posts
I've tried that, but now my computer can't detect the Promini anymore, says it can't set the SCK.
Either the Promini is really gone, or installing Arduino messed up my drivers or something...
I've ordered a new promini and USBASP, will try again with that.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 02:21 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,581 Posts
Cannot set a sck.... message is not a fault......what is the exact message?
Why not used different avr-dude gui like AVR8 burn o mat ....arduino ide is too limited in flashing avr chips area.
http://avr8-burn-o-mat.aaabbb.de/avr...de_gui_en.html
midelic is offline Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Aug 16, 2014, 07:24 AM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Jun 2014
40 Posts
Well i know the message means that the connections are bad/not working. I had it working before, flashed a hex twice with AVR8 burno mat.
Then I installed arduino and now nothing works anymore; avr8 doesn't either! Maybe the Arduino got busted at some point? I checked connections multiple times.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 09:33 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,581 Posts
Do a simple test...in avr8.... read fuses...check with fuse editor....if you cannot read fuses and you have fuse error that means your chip is busted or programmer or,,connection to avr not good.If fuses read ok the fault is somewhere else.
midelic is offline Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module