HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:13 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 187
Alert
I sold futaba 9c Guy Wants Refund Before Returning Radio

Guys almost 3 weeks ago I left for vacation but before I did, In Radio section I sold two futaba 9c radio's one of the buyers on RCG said it was a 9c for helis which I know it can be used for planes as well, However customer wanted refund I told the guy he can return it to me upon my arrival back to the states. He refuses to send radio back unless I refund him first (yea right).

Buyer then sends me pm threatning me to return his money before he takes matters into his own hands not worried about it. it will be something he'll regret
coming near my home or family. btw buyer was Mercurypro on RCG.

Just wanted to post this and get your feed back on our transaction on who's in the right here.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Last edited by Forrest Gump 23; Jan 10, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:19 AM
some call me macgyver....
bethelflier8036's Avatar
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
726 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
I feel ur in the right he has to send the item back before he gets a refund.
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:22 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
desertdweller's Avatar
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Yep, NO refunds until the TX is back in your hands AND youve verified that the TX is in the same condition that you sold it in!

IMHO
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:24 AM
some call me macgyver....
bethelflier8036's Avatar
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
726 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
U should post pm where yall talked. If he is threatening then that's serious. Did u use PayPal or what??
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:26 AM
Its a Condition not Addiction
lashmett75's Avatar
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,888 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
If you listed it as a heli radio and he purchased it. Then you are under no obligation to refund anything. You would be just doing a "nice guy" move. But I would not refund the $$$ until the radio is returned.

He paid prior to shipment, so you have earned the trust already....so he needs to send the radio and then a refund will follow.

Just my .02 cents

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:30 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelflier8036 View Post
U should post pm where yall talked. If he is threatening then that's serious. Did u use PayPal or what??
yes we used paypal and I posted tracking# their as well below is his pm


IF I DONT GET PAYED IN 24 HOURS I WILL TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HAND!!!!AND YOU WONT LIKE IT.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:34 AM
some call me macgyver....
bethelflier8036's Avatar
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
726 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
Hmm man stand ur ground I sent him a pm inviting him to this thread. So if he decides to join the conversation....
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:34 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75 View Post
If you listed it as a heli radio and he purchased it. Then you are under no obligation to refund anything. You would be just doing a "nice guy" move. But I would not refund the $$$ until the radio is returned.

He paid prior to shipment, so you have earned the trust already....so he needs to send the radio and then a refund will follow.

Just my .02 cents

James
I did not know the radio was a heli tx, I bought it on RCG open the box when I got it tx looked nice I then closed box never payed attention that it was heli tx , I like always was just in a spending mood and really had no need for the tx since i got 6 tx as it is. So i decided to sell it for the new futaba 14sg. had i payed more attention i definitely would have posted heli tx so my bad on that one.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Last edited by Forrest Gump 23; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:36 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelflier8036 View Post
Hmm man stand ur ground I sent him a pm inviting him to this thread. So if he decides to join the conversation....
Im cool with that
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:36 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
desertdweller's Avatar
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Im sure that you already know this but keep all of your correspondence......it will only help your case... and hurt his. If he trys anything (chargebacks etc.)
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:39 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,330 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Ya, stand your ground. He needs to ship it back BEFORE any refund is given.

I'd report any threats to harm you to the local authorities, just as precaution. That is totally not cool.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:41 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
desertdweller's Avatar
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
I did not know the radio was a heli tx, I bought it on RCG open the box when I got it tx looked nice I then closed box never payed attention that it was heli tx , I like always was just in a spending mood and really had no need for the tx since i got 6 tx as it is a decided to sell it for the new futaba 14sg. had i payed more attention i definitely would have posted heli tx so my bad on that one.

Well He might try and pull a "not as advertised" but from the story weve gotten here so far. From what Ive understand you havnt said that you wont refund, just that you wont refund without getting the TX back first.

And thats pretty much how its done everywhere.
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:43 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
Well He might try and pull a "not as advertised" but from the story weve gotten here so far. From what Ive understand you havnt said that you wont refund, just that you wont refund without getting the TX back first.

And thats pretty much how its done everywhere.
Exactly my point ck my trader rating, It speaks for itself that Im a fair guy.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:44 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Ya, stand your ground. He needs to ship it back BEFORE any refund is given.

I'd report any threats to harm you to the local authorities, just as precaution. That is totally not cool.
Already did.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:45 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
desertdweller's Avatar
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Yeah I dont feel that your good name is in any danger here.
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale PRICE DROP great FPV radio! Futaba 9C with tons of extras aaronredbaron FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Oct 11, 2012 08:03 PM
Off Site futaba ch31 module listed on Ebay fits 9c radio 2008nub Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Jun 02, 2012 03:22 PM
Found Wanted Spektrum module for Futaba 9C reblacklaf Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Mar 15, 2012 10:24 PM
Wanted wanted #23 module for Futaba 9C radio highflier Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 5 Sep 25, 2009 04:23 PM
What to do? Sold and item.. buyer wants refund.. Tram Life, The Universe, and Politics 7 Jun 16, 2005 12:21 PM