HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:31 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,086 Posts
I have a feeling the v1 model LB will disappear from sale in the near future, some vendors only have the v2 now. I like the 6 axis option so just got a v1 bnf in my current hobbyking order.
When it gets here I'll have a bash at flying it with the android phone and magic cube, just for something different.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:20 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Beautiful Job! The black looks awesome with the lights! I have a v1 ladybird on my xmas list I hope I get it!..lol
You have to make sure you've been good all year long.
But seriously if you get one it will feel light-years ahead of the best clones.
It really is in a class of it's own. Just make sure you don't accidentally land it in the middle of the street. Those cars can do an awful lot of damage to the little girl.

Gerard.
gwrivest is online now Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:46 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,086 Posts
@Gerard
maybe you should have taught your "little girl" some basic road safety.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:11 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,658 Posts
Nice paintjob JL, looks good in stealth flat black, the LED placement looks... intriguing too.

The Ladybird does flip and roll with speed doesn't it! I got startled when I flipped it right after doing acro with my X250... I was like Holy crap that's fast!!

I noticed that varying the throttle during acro with my X250 made it flip and roll faster and tighter and without losing as much altitude during the maneuvers.
Being feather light and quick doing acro. I didn't think it'd make much of a difference with the Ladybird. So I went to the park to give it try, I gave 'er throttle and altitude then did a flip.... as it starts to rotate into a flip or roll... I dropped the throttle and let her rotate.. then as it's about to right itself again, I give'er the throttle.... and it came out of the flip nice and tight too... w00p!
I then started to play around with low-level flips afterwards.. way Fun!
the 1 microQuad to rule them all!
vpsporb is online now Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Oct 03, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:29 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,196 Posts
Thanks guys. A little sad news. The $58 price is no longer. Now it's $95. Really hate that. I was trying to sell a few things to pick up another to have as a spare. Oh well still worth every penny at that price.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:55 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Beautiful Job! The black looks awesome with the lights! I have a v1 ladybird on my xmas list I hope I get it!..lol

Had an idea to extend time for flying while days are getting shorter:
AR.DRONE 2.0 mit Leuchtschnürsenkel (0 min 47 sec)

AR.DRONE 2.0 mit Leuchtschnürsenkel *blinkend* (0 min 25 sec)

electronic shoe laces!

Can be found at around $2 at banggood freeshipping

No more worries about battery life. Of course some strip down is needed, because of the weight. For smaller flyers laces can be cut as needed and the control unit can be packed and sealed with heat shrink tube for more "lightness"

Many colors and combinations as well are possible and the control unit has 4 modes. Blinking, fast blinking steady and for multicolor alternating colours.

rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:09 AM
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Dsm2?

Hi,
Did anybody try this Spektrum board? http://www.hobby-wing.com/dsm2-fligh...rol-board.html

Cheers
bofred is offline Find More Posts by bofred
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:30 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,196 Posts
Ooh aah. Very interesting. If I could fly my ladybird with my spektrum that would take the cake. However I wouldn't be willing to lose any flight characteristics. If it effects flight any I could have just stuck with my hybrid. However if it would feel the same when flying then I'd totally be in. It doesn't say anything about 6 axis and 3 axis so I'm assuming it only flies in one mode. I wonder which one. If I had money laying around I'd definitely try it. The ladybird just flies so good I'm scared to try anything that would lessen it's characteristics.

@rcgchris: that's awesome! What a great idea. Thanks for the videos.
Last edited by jlcamp7; Oct 04, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:46 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofred View Post
... Did anybody try this Spektrum board? http://www.hobby-wing.com/dsm2-fligh...rol-board.html
Nice find!
I'll order me one of these and compare it to my mQX board
thanks for sharing that with us
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
@rcgchris: that's awesome! What a great idea. Thanks for the videos.
Another find:
A dog collar that can be split front side, backside or both.
price tag around $5.
Make sure to buy the longest you can get. It can be cut in length to suit your needs. Most pet collars can't be divided (split in half or more) like this one, since they are composed of simple LED stripes. This one got a single light emiter and the light is simply moving through the attached strap.

m8ychris is offline Find More Posts by m8ychris
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:17 AM
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
Nice find!
Yes, it seems very interesting It uses a fifth channel to change modes. So the flight characteristics would be very adjustable with the DX6i.
But the page does not say if the normal mode uses an accelerometer or not...

EDIT:
I found this video on youtube. If its the same board then its very stable I think...
20120926 V939 + DSM2 receiver (outdoor windy test flight) (2 min 50 sec)
Last edited by bofred; Oct 04, 2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: video
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:27 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,196 Posts
Quote:
Nice find!
Please let us know your findings. This is super tempting.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:58 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
Please let us know your findings. This is super tempting.
Ordered the complete DSM Ladybird http://www.hobby-wing.com/dsm2-quadcopter-arf.html spektrum edition (cheaper then the parts)
downside : they charge a wopping 21 dollar transport fee
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:15 AM
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Ordered the complete DSM Ladybird http://www.hobby-wing.com/dsm2-quadcopter-arf.html spektrum edition (cheaper then the parts)
downside : they charge a wopping 21 dollar transport fee
Ah, did not see that. Really tempted. 5% off until 7th as well
EDIT: Still a bit expensive thou...
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:49 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,196 Posts
I found 9imod also carries it and has a few video's as well.

9imod link

It looks to be an exact drop in replacement with the only thing needed is the booms being switched around as shown in the 9imod link.

The video posted by bofred seems to show it as extremely stable even in high winds. The 9i videos show it flying really well indoors as well. My concern is wanting to see it fly acrobatically. The diagram shows 3d maneuvers based on percentage, but I am interested to see if it can do rolls, loops, flips etc. with the same precision as a real deal ladybird. That was the one downfall in comparison to my mqx/ladybird hybrid. It was extremely responsive and could move very nimbly, but wasn't at all in the same league with 3d maneuvers as a real deal ladybird.

Also I'm interested in the fact they label it as a 4 axis, which we know is probably incorrect labeling. The guess would be it is 3 axis only and the switch is more used as switching from low to high rates, but I guess only someone with it in hand can really give us more info.

This could get interesting and if it fly's as well as an original walkera board than I would assume it could also get extremely popular and could generate a lot of discussion.

So I think I might start a new thread on this board in the cuadcopter mini section as this can easily get way off topic of the rtf quads. I'll post a link when I get it up in just a bit.