HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2014, 03:31 PM
Joined Sep 2013
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDM View Post
The HobbyZone Champ prop shaft HBZ4904 is a direct replacement for the Spit (which only has a spare gearbox assy available). I'm using it on mine after a concrete light standard jumped out into the soccer field right in my flight path...

Remove the rear nut, carefully take the shaft out keeping track of the micro washers in there...reassemble in same order and done. Before I swapped, I tried straightening it and after several iterations, I was never able to get it to the point where I couldn't still see the wobble. 3$ up front would have saved the aggravation
That's what I did. I kept straightening and straightening, then thought what am I doing? Just buy the new ones!
schuey19 is offline Find More Posts by schuey19
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:42 AM
Jacknetair
United States, TN, Copperhill
Joined Sep 2013
329 Posts
Thanks Turbo and IDM. That tissue paper idea worked great. With the prop off the shaft looks ok. I'm guessing there's a natural angle of a few degrees added for countering the torque factor?
Jacknet is offline Find More Posts by Jacknet
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:35 AM
Turbo tuner
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Apr 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknet View Post
Thanks Turbo and IDM. That tissue paper idea worked great. With the prop off the shaft looks ok. I'm guessing there's a natural angle of a few degrees added for countering the torque factor?
Jacknet,

Yeah don't change the props thrust angle at all. It is there for a very good reason. I've made the mistake of straightening the thrust angle and it made the plane very difficult to control. You should notice a degree or so down and a degree to the right on the prop. This will prevent the thrust helix of the prop from hitting the rudder and sending the plane into an uncontrollable death spiral. It also aids tremendously in minimizing the torque roll when flying near stall and then adding max throttle suddenly, it will want to roll hard left if you've altered the thrust angle. Don't ask how I know...

Turbo
turbodpv is online now Find More Posts by turbodpv