HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Vethraxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:14 PM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
Discussion
The Summer.

I have been out of the hobby a little bit during the summer as I had no car available to me as my 1977 Datsun B210 Finally died.

My friend is a member of the Red Apple Flyers in Wenatchee and I tagged along as a guest. We camped at the site for a week and did nothing but fly, drink ice cold soda, and relax. At night, we just sat in the club house building and repairing our planes and watching old AMA videos from the 80s (I had to fix the VCR).

I only came out a couple planes lighter, which only gave me more parts to fix up others. I think my best flights were with the Herr Starlite. It just would not come down and was a little screamer. The Herr Rally XP was a little squirrely in the turns but was a much more relaxing flyer. My discontinued ElectriFly J-3 Flatout (patched to high hell) would play in the wind as it picked up in the evening. I burned out 2 of my cheap 5 dollar HobbyKing outrunners on my Multiplex Pico Cub. That's another plane that just did not want to come down. It got the larger outrunner from a destroyed Alpha Model P47 which had a spectacular crash.

All in all it's a great place to fly and the membership is more than fair for what you get.
Vethraxx is offline Find More Posts by Vethraxx
Last edited by Vethraxx; Jan 11, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
R/C CRASHER
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Dec 2004
852 Posts
This is a beautiful place to fly!! Where is it exactly?
tkoguy is offline Find More Posts by tkoguy
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:56 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoguy View Post
This is a beautiful place to fly!! Where is it exactly?
It sure does look nice! Too bad I'm over 2000 miles away...

I did a Google Search for "Red Apple Flyers" and it came up with this website:

http://www.redappleflyers.org/

On the top it shows the address:

Wenatchee Red Apple Flyers
5210 4th St SE
East Wenatchee, WA 98802

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014