Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:57 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Woah....I ate to much. The wife prepared a traditional that was outstanding. We'll be having leftovers for a couple weeks easy. She baked six pumpkin pies last night too......bring on the cool whip!

I hit 3 numbers (main numbers, but not the power ball number) on yesterdays Michigan Power Ball, I won $7 and I'll have to be careful and not spend it all in one place.

Warm today, windy. Later tonight we had 54 deg, lightning and a hard RAIN. Count the blessings because it should have been SNOW this time of year.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:49 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Super

As usual with me I am glad the Holiday is over and done with.
Yesterday was a shut-in day and I managed to reestablish two of my
UMX planes, they go great again. Flew them outside and one hit the
side of a parked car. Had to glue (RC%^)) the cowl part but now its
back to normal.
The parade in NYC was very nice this year, to watch.
Weather here continues to be perfect, mild, no wind, wish I had my
TX to use. I would go to the Park.
CRASH CRASH your nice report made me feel good. Thanks
RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick......you triggered something here. My father in law was invited to anyone of his childrens places for Thanksgiving, including mine. He had OPTIONS that you do not and yet he chose to sit at the house ALONE. I find it ANNOYING in that if you and I lived as close to each other as her dad does, you WOULD HAVE BEEN HERE, even if I would have had to come get you. Sometimes, he drives me NUTS.

Remember what I said about SNOW? Yeah, our 60deg day yesterday is now 33 deg and we're getting a nice snow shower.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:45 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
For sure

ONE THING FOR SURE you would NOT have had to make me come. I was probably RUNNING to get there.....
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I know Rick....MGBY....

Apparently, my brother has driven up from Dallas TX. I'll be getting a visitor soon he's here in Michigan at his daughters place. Havent seen him in about 12 years.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Nov 23, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Had the heat on low in the shed last night, it held 50deg, which isn't bad (it's 30deg right now). Before, it wouldn't hold 45deg on high settings before I drywalled it. Drywalling helped a LOT. I'll finish calking, put carpet in, but not mud and paint till next spring. I think the window closed on painting/mudding because I need the shed empty and a warm few days to finish it all up.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Our house was packed and all had a grand time.

Here's a picture of Leslie, she got a deer this morning. Yippee for my country girl.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
MAN....that's as big as the buck I hit with my sons car a few years ago. Tell Leslie she's AWSOME. I'm VERY impressed with that deer which is one less that will end up in somebodys front end of their car.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:25 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Great shot of Leslie and that buck is huge! She and the family will eat well this winter.

The wife and I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra this evening. What a fantastic show. Would highly recommend it.

Been working on new videos of the kids and their sports. Just finished a new one of soccer season for the oldest. Around the 4 minute mark, I took and turned the entire clip into black and white except for Nick and the goalie. It is easy to do with photos but video is another story. Took about 4 hours to isolate them and and keep them in color but I really like the results.

Nick Wnuk Soccer Fall 2012 (12 min 15 sec)
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:52 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jim,

An absolutely wonderful video of your son. He's got the drive, the dedication, the foot control, and he seems to be just everywhere.

The editing was fabulous, the black and white with your son and goalie in color is pretty cool. I'll bet it took some time to figure that out and get it done right, super job there. The soccer balls dancing on the screen and the puff of smoke at one point. All and all, just super.. I posted one picture of him from the end of your video, it was cool. Very professional.

Leslie's Pics: I found a couple more of her. One, when she was in her tree stand, and a better picture of her with the deer. She took the deer to a taxidermist to have the head mounted, to hang in their den. And took it to a local butcher for processing, they're aging it for 10 days.

Me: Same old same here, I've been flying the quad copter and the hex copter alot. Tons of fun. I did have a crash with the hex copter, one of the motors just stopped for no reason. I was about 10 feet off the ground when it happened, the only damage was one broken propeller. Lucked out there for sure. I thought it may have been a bad motor, but after trouble shooting I found out that it was an intermitent problem with the ESC.. All is good now. OH, and it uses the same battery as my 450 size helis, 2200 mAH 3 cells jobbers. I get 7 minute flights, both on the quad and hex with them. And for me, that's plenty before brain strain sets in.

I'm in process of building/diy an "H" quad for aerial photograph / video. It's 32 inches from motor to motor. And it has foldable arms from transporting. Right now, I'm in a holding pattern for parts and Flight controller from Hobby King.

It's far from being completed, it will have a top cover on it, the ESC's and wiring will be hidden.

"H" quad configuration (1 min 5 sec)
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Intresting project Dave.
Been pretty sick for a while, starting to snap out of it finally.
Yesterday, I bought a 12x12 piece of indoor/outdoor carpet. Now the shed has wall to wall carpet with baseboards, the carpet is completely installed. Pretty easy to maintain 70deg in there now if it's 40deg outdoor. I bought a ceramic programmable heater that has a remote and it osscalates on the base to throw the heat around, works better than the old heater. I need it to stay no less than 65deg when it's 12deg outside while tearing the bike down. My brother stopped by and he said to send the gas tank, etc, to him, he'll do a GOOD professional job on it. That will get sent out Feb 1st after I drain all the fluids and purge to make it safe to transport. I've also gotta pull the left engine casing off, find out what the problem is there. It should look brand new next spring when I'm done. I decided on Dodge Ram deep cherry crystal pearl coat for a paint color....that's expensive stuff but it should be extremely durable and resistant to gas and oil.

I might actually get to put a helicopter up today. It's warm, overcast, wind is so-so.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:43 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Here's a few pics of the inside of the shed. I'll be mudding and painting in spring, it'll ride out the winter like this. I need to put in a wall work bench either on the back wall (which there's room), or in the right side where the leftover drywall is. Now I'm waiting for a really COLD day to see how much I gained in heat retention.

Nope...no heli today because winds come up stronger before it RAINED.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Dec 03, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:42 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
I'd move into that shed Vic! Job well done! For a storage shed it looks like you went all out .

Dave- Thanks for the kind word on the video. I realize the subject matter might not interest most but the work/editing I put into the video is a big effort and it's nice to see you picked out key areas. The b/w segment runs for 16 seconds in the vid- it took me over 3 hours to isolate both Nick and the goalie because each one gets partially hidden by others in the scene. Once isolated, the color change is easily done. I also highlighted the ball and changed it's color so it's more easily seen. When left in b/w it wasn't as dramatic.

That quad copter looks like quite a project. Where did you get the plans from? I have to say it was uniquie to hear your voice in the vid. After all these years of seeing pics and reading posts, I imagined a much deeper voice from you. Hell, I've been wrong before.Leslies's buck is just monstrous. I'll bet Jay is salivating over that one. Looks like she is in a portable stand in the first pic? Is that on he property?

Hope everyone is doing well. No RC here though the temps hit 63 and zero wind. Just no desire for it lately. Never did sell it off, held onto it. Maybe someday the urge will strike again.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:46 PM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Our house was packed and all had a grand time.

Here's a picture of Leslie, she got a deer this morning. Yippee for my country girl.
That is not a deer, that is an OUTSTANDING deer. What did she use?

RWW
whitehedr is online now Find More Posts by whitehedr