Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:23 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyrevs View Post
Bs buy a Easystar. The supercub is not without it flaws. The fact that it leaves little room to upgrade is sad. I will agree the Supercub is easy to fly but why not just get something that is just as good if not better and can be turned into a hotliner if one so desires. I dislike parkzones way of not trully making a ""hobby quality" product but more of a throwaway plane. That is of course my 2 cents.
I was just going to sit here and read until my Sky Surfer kit comes but I can't ignore the comment about the Super Cub "leaves little room to upgrade".
You're kidding right? How about a flatten wing, ailerons, CF reinforcement and a 550 watt motor?

(sorry to run off topic.)

Hobby Zone Supercub...Fastest in the world? (6 min 40 sec)
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:27 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Hahahahhah awsome... Looool
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:40 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Great little plane but takes a little to long to take off for my liking, kidding!!!!!
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Old Apr 06, 2010, 10:50 PM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I was just going to sit here and read until my Sky Surfer kit comes but I can't ignore the comment about the Super Cub "leaves little room to upgrade".
You're kidding right? How about a flatten wing, ailerons, CF reinforcement and a 550 watt motor?

(sorry to run off topic.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB7eA7giQQE
Nice post....best RTF trainer on the market and easily mod'd as you did and as many others have.....
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Old Apr 07, 2010, 12:39 AM
Pile it in!
Kalamazoo Mi
Joined Sep 2009
366 Posts
Righto!
Dannyrevs is offline Find More Posts by Dannyrevs
Last edited by Dannyrevs; Apr 07, 2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 03:00 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Nice post....best RTF trainer on the market and easily mod'd as you did and as many others have.....
Respectfully, I disagree. I use the basic criteria that a trainer is rated good or bad by the time it gives the pilot to correct mistakes before hitting the ground. For me, I put aside cost, appearance, and parts availability (which are all important). Given that criteria, I think there are many, many planes that are very superior to the Cub in any form. Oddly, I think the Radian would make one of the best trainers on the market because of the time it gives a person to recover from mistakes. Also, it can easily fly 6-8 mistakes high without losing orientation. I plan to report on the Sky Surfer when I get mine. I have a hunch it will be a better trainer than the Cub, too. IMO, the Cub is an excellent choice for a 2nd plane. I think my opinion is qualified based on all the planes and experience that I have. 2500GENE knows my background from another thread and can verify my experience. Again, all this is IMO. If I put out there this question "What is the best Trainer?", I am sure I would get 100's of "right" answers,
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 07, 2010, 06:28 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
......If I put out there this question "What is the best Trainer?", I am sure I would get 100's of "right" answers,
AJ
Absolutely correct AJ...and my opinion is just that also, based on many many years in this hobby. There are many good trainers on the market today, the best is in the eye of the beholder...
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Old Apr 07, 2010, 11:45 AM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
for someone that has never flown a rc plane the SS was very easy (i even started with 4 ch)after about 30 flights now still have yet to crash it the hardest part is landing as it glides so well but its as smooth as can be
kaosk is offline Find More Posts by kaosk
Old Apr 07, 2010, 08:09 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Have to agree with AJ as well. The Sky Surfer is extremely easy to fly and is very forgiving my son has punished this plane and still has managed not to crash it.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 08:15 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
JP just received his and is having some issues with the radio some functions working others are not sent him pictures and what I know maybe some of you more experienced guys can help him. He's pretty upset hate to see anyone having trouble with a plane I endorse but I know BH will replace whats bad if required.

Hey Kaosk didn't you have some issues when you first tried to get your plane up and running??
Old Apr 07, 2010, 09:28 PM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
yes there is a button on the Rx you have to hold it for like 5 sec then turn on the Tx while still holding then release the button and u should be binded.

today i was in a high speed bank and the wing came off of the carbon fiber rod and broke at the fuse.some toothpicks and glue and a little strapping tape should fix it right up but i would reinforce that area with some strapping tape at least so it doesnt happen to you guys my factory glue job was bad on mine
kaosk is offline Find More Posts by kaosk
Old Apr 07, 2010, 11:03 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
More info

You guys might want to also read THIS thread about the Sky Surfer.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 08, 2010, 05:02 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
How does that link help solve JPs problem? I have been using these less expensive electronics since Christmas in two planes with no issues. BH mentioned some issues with the brushed set up but the brushless set up has worked well. I remain positive that if JP received a defective part it will be made right by BH not yesterday but in a timely manor.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 05:13 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
I've had the wings loosen up twice once when I crashed and once after James was really stressing the plane with some violent flying. Keep in mind this plane has been flown about fifty times. All in all a very tough plane.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 09:58 AM
" Float On "
Lago Vista TEXAS
Joined Dec 2009
104 Posts
With WOW and JDuda's help I did get it to bind and working. Yes, I had the connectors basakwards.
My apoligies to Sara and BH but very limited instuctions lead to problems for novice flyers.
For new SS w/ brushless upgrade owners when plugging in you do not get 3 beeps like in Pete's video. You get:
"Three quick beep tones and then a siren like noise indicates good to go"

Hopefully get it put together and calm winds this weekend to maiden.
JP n Texas is offline Find More Posts by JP n Texas